Crowd-Sourced Civ: Ptolemaic Egyptians (Ptolemies)

Mythos_Ruler

Ptolemaic Egypt was a unique example where an army was organized under several group of people: land holders (military settlers), mercenaries and natives. Unlike any nation i've encountered, they have maintained the balance of power between the foreigners and natives without being overthrown by the natives or foreigners for centuries before the Romans could subjugate the last successor state.

and Carthage? XD.

The difference between Carthage and Ptolemaic Egypt was that Carthage didn't attract foreign military settlers to Carthage and give them land because Carthage have money to pay the mercenaries. On the other hand the Ptolemaic Egypt could grant land to the Military settlers in exchange for their military service.

Edited by Mega Mania

Now is free the cost of houses?

And is planned the romanized infantry?

The silver shields ( Macedon)today I almost my Ptolemies, was with Qbot was an Syrian Random map, even Galatians are not match for Silver Shields Hyspapist. But I can defeat I an counterattack ( first time I do a effective counter attack and success in first assault)

With Ptolemies I defeat the Persians, Iberians and the Mauryans. But Macedon gives me to a lesson.

But may be my mistake was not try to populate with Pezhetaroi, but as been defeated easily. Be need maybe Technology for Galstians are too Expensive.

Yeah, I just played against Macedon today with the Ptolemics for an awesome pikemen on pikemen battle. I got knocked up by their silver shields instead.

I would like to see some mercenary settler hoplites along with those brand new romanized infantry.

Since the ptolemaics faction are my favorite, may I contribute helmet props for the infantry and cavalry?

• Like 1

Do it. Right was hard battle. Up the Ptolemies have their own firepower, I mean the siege warfare, if you do the Elephant rush above.

Now I see you, you can help me with Germans in general forum. Is hard to do find, many information about terminology and good pics that is accurate with Suebi and Alemanni/Alamanni.

I found this. A Galstians helmet.

A7fGGSF.jpg

The three main tribes of Galatia were the Trocmi (or Trogmi), Tolistoboii, and the Textosages. The Trocmi had as their capitol the town of Tavion, but also Mithridatum, Eccobriga, and Danala. The Textosages ruled from Ankyra. They also had a settlement known as Pitobriga and they renamed the town of Gordium to Vindia, a place where they had a large market of trading goods. The Tolistoboii were centered on Blucium, later a fortress of King Deiotaros, and also Peium, an oppidum where Deiotaros kept his massive treasury. Pessinus would later become the capitol of the Tolistoboii. The Teutobodiaci were a clan or sept within the Textosages and the tribes of the Voturi, Ambituti, and Tosiopes were clans of the Tolistoboii. The Galatians are known to have adopted a tetrarchy for their government. Four chieftains from each tribe, a total of twelve, would annually send 300 senators to Drunemton, a shrine that has yet to be discovered. Despite this, there was no overriding governments or policy; the tribes would remain separate overall, except in the face of a common enemy or on campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

champion Unit for Ptolemaics, can be uses like as RAM

elefantesdeguerrasiglos.jpg

Library Wonder

i Take it from Other Macedonian post.

agora+02.jpg

Ptolomaic rulers.

ptolemies.jpg

excuseme for "trolling" but the Ptolomean champion elephant that you show is a unit that carthage used too!, the explanation is:

This elephant is an Asian Elephant big and strong, and Carthage and Ptlolomeans used this elephants with a tower, and the "Pi Mahalmit or Elephantus Ptolomei" is a north african bush elephant, is sammaler than asian elephant and for this reason Cartage and Ptolomeans used this elephant as an ancient tank or a ram

Give the Ptolemaics a champion infantry unit called the "agema." The agema were crack troops taken out of the phalanxes and placed into an elite one. They were the guard of Ptolemy and recieved the highest pay. The agema would sport muscled cuirasses, greaves, and plumed helmets. The Seleucids have their own agema as well.

Also, hurry up and create some special ability for a ptolemaic hero. I'm still rather pissed off from the night my 100-200 or so fully upgraded pikemen were dissolved by Carthaginian War Elephants because of some stupid attack bonus from a hero.

I will put up a task thread about the towered elephants when I have my free time this busy weekend

Edited by Sighvatr
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

champion Unit for Ptolemaics, can be uses like as RAM

elefantesdeguerrasiglos.jpg

Library Wonder

i Take it from Other Macedonian post.

agora+02.jpg

Ptolomaic rulers.

ptolemies.jpg

i must put some information about this units:

* The elephants usead are Asian Elephants and the Ptolomeaic empire sells some of this units for Carthage

* The units tha mount one towered lephante were:

* An holipite-syle units "with a long spear, 7m long" "panopina or pezhetarios por cathage and ptolomeans respectively"

* An Archer "egyptian or mauritanian, for ptolomeaies and carthaginians respectively"

* A Javelinist "egyptian or iberian, for ptolomeaies and carthaginians respectively"

• 2 weeks later...

3026514-8125-camel-caravan-on-the-sahara

The harshness of the Negev Desert was legendary. The cities dwellers both hate and fear this land, and so the has become the dominion of a hardier people, known to the Hellenes as the "Nabataioi", the "water diggers". They are conspicuously lovers of freedom, and flee into the desert, using this as a stronghold. They fill cisterns and caves with rainwater, making them flush with the rest of the land, they leave signals there, which are known to themselves, but not understood by anyone else. They water their herds every third day so that they do not constantly need water in waterless regions if they have to flee. While there are many Arabian tribes who use the desert as pasture, the Nabataeans far surpass the others in wealth, although they are not much more than forty thousand in number; for not a few of them are accustomed to bring down from the sea frankincense and myrrh and the most valuable spices.

From what Ptolemaic scouts could gather, the Nabataeans were still entirely nomadic. Their King made his fortunes protecting the merchants that travelled across these wastes from other tribes. The Merchants stopped at three gathering places. One near the coast called Aylah, the other in a rock outcrop known to the greeks as Petra, and to the north in the desert of Bostra. These are not settlements, they have no permanent houses but much commerce is done. The nomadic King Rabbel of the Nabataeans has called up the tribes and has gathered them in a secret location.

How the Macedonian intend to conquer this land is unknown.

Many lessons were learned from this campaign. The Nabataean rural and mobile nomadic way of life makes them highly resistant to traditional methods of warfare (capturing cities and field battles). The desert they live in is also unable to support large armies for a long period of time, unless one can get allied local tribes to provide with knowledge of water sources. Innovative strategies will be required to subdue these unruly, freedom loving people.

However, this way of life is showing changing. Many Nabataeans are settling in the merchant camps of Petra, Bostra, and Aylah. Some day, they may become an established Kingdom ruled from cities.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Ptolemy assembles his men,

“Hellenes, Soldiers, my Brothers! You have all proven to be good soldiers and solid fighters. I once served in the Greatest Army that has ever marched this World, lead by possibly the greatest leader it will ever see. Before me stands yet another fine army. The finest I have ever personally commanded. Each and every one of you rightfully Titans by your own, but together you form an unstoppable force that even Mighty Ares would be proud of. I thank you for your loyalty and I also ask to once more to be ready. I have heard whispers and rumors among you today and I must say… With a deeply wounded heart, that it is true. Our Hellenic World, the World your fathers and I created is burning. War is imminent and I fear our Regent, Perdiccas is no longer able to control the power which he holds. He has failed in keeping the peace among the strategos and now they are all trying to fight for a throne that one of us will ever be suited to sit on. I have no ambitions of taking that throne either do not be mistaken by that! But I can tell you this. That with each year my love for these lands grow stronger and stronger. I will fight for my home and I am sure that each and every one of you will fight for your

abu-dhabi-6.jpgqatar-5_0.jpgajman-3.jpgparitutu.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen