low fps

klink

After 30 min playing, the frame rate drops to 0.xx - 3 fps. My guess the game run in Software mode or something like that, because if i force my Graphic Card to 2D i have the same frame rate.

My PC:

Phenom x4 955@3.2Ghz

8GB RAM

Radeon 4870 1GB

Intel SSD 320

X-fi

Windows 8 x64

Edited by klink

Hi, have you read the known problems topic?

Low fps can depend on a number of factors, so it's best to eliminate some of them. Were you playing against AIs, and which map?

Your hardware looks pretty good, do you have the latest drivers for your Radeon HD 4870? Are they Windows 8 64-bit compatible? It might help if you attach your system_info.txt from the game's log folder, as that will tell us more about your drivers.

I use the latest driver (AMD Catalyst 12.6 Legacy Windows 8) for my Radeon HD 4870.

Map Acropolis 1 me vs bot

My high population (over 280) caused the low fps, after i defeated the bot and lost more than half of my population, the frame rate increased up to 14 - 17. And again, switching my Graphic Card to 2D clocks makes no difference.

system_info.txt

Edited by klink

That driver should work, I don't know what you mean by setting the graphics card to 2D. If you read the above link about known problems, it mentions using the in-game profiler. That will tell you whether the lag is due to rendering (possibly limited by GPU) or something else. Also have you set any advanced graphics settings for the game?