0 A.D. is a very good game... Why?

Lion.Kanzen

This would be great rts, except that if a person plays a medium to large map for any great length, the game becomes gummed up. It slows and slows, then crashes. That's to do with pathfinding taking too much resources, or something on those lines. Get that fixed, and this game will be a classic.

This would be great rts, except that if a person plays a medium to large map for any great length, the game becomes gummed up. It slows and slows, then crashes. That's to do with pathfinding taking too much resources, or something on those lines. Get that fixed, and this game will be a classic.

Remember that the game is still in "alpha" development. System optimization will be the focus come beta phase. For now, the programmers want to include iterations of all features intended for the final game.

I believe another big part of what will make this game successful is speeding up gameplay. All this takes is making buildings and units a little cheaper and build times a little faster. If you play a few games of 0 A.D. and then go back to AoK or AoM, you'll notice that this is the primary difference between the speed of matches.

Lion, could you share this document with me? I can help with the grammar and we could perhaps ask other players through the social networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc)

yes i share with you, but is a possibility post it in Main Page in all Site can 0.AD have friends, gamers etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApMMKUIFcmEtdDBLZnEyTlJGWmQ5V3NLMmw3Q25VU3c

Maybe creating a dedicated webpage with the description of the project would be a good start... And linking your signature image to it would attract some curious clickers!

I saw a topic, some days ago, in which someone was offering a domain for a fanpage of 0 A.D... I even asked about the ".me" of the domain.

I m working in that, and if you want try, you can join to us. Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Actually playing for fun is impossible right now. The only reason I hang around is to update my svn every day xD

I disagree. Playing 1vs1, 2vs2 and even 3vs3 multiplayer with 200 max population is quite fun. I admit that some games (specially against AIs) could generate game-breaking lag. But if you join to IRC #0ad channel you can see that the regular player numbers is increasing each week :) and people is already concerned about balance, which IMO is a symptom of more people playing/enjoying the game :P

Hmmm ... I played a game earlier today Persians vs Romans (AI). I had 330 units (max) in the late game and it rarely started lagging. Only when I moved my rohirim (I had a 150 cavalry units).

Either the performance has already been improved a little, or my computer is growing CPUs ...

The AI also seems improved. I didn't attack until late in the game, I love to build a base first, and the AI player already had 6 or 7 civ centers when I switched to offensive. The AI also kept attacking me, but unfortunately its still really stupid on that point. I placed all my 25 towers + 3 castles in one spot which I then called "The Pit" and the enemy kept sending units through there, but they generally didn't get past it xD And that while there were some defenceless places it could've reached! The AI, and this really surprised, did not use any siege equipment except for the scorpions. With all the defences I had the AI should've made rams or catapults to take them down.

Lion, I can't access the document anymore, I thought it was a really good idea and wanted to help you correct some of the spelling errors in the document. Any chance you could open it again?

i was deleted it when i was Angry with some people..

i was deleted it when i was Angry with some people..

Hmmm ... I played a game earlier today Persians vs Romans (AI). I had 330 units (max) in the late game and it rarely started lagging. Only when I moved my rohirim (I had a 150 cavalry units).

Either the performance has already been improved a little, or my computer is growing CPUs ...

The AI also seems improved. I didn't attack until late in the game, I love to build a base first, and the AI player already had 6 or 7 civ centers when I switched to offensive. The AI also kept attacking me, but unfortunately its still really stupid on that point. I placed all my 25 towers + 3 castles in one spot which I then called "The Pit" and the enemy kept sending units through there, but they generally didn't get past it xD And that while there were some defenceless places it could've reached! The AI, and this really surprised, did not use any siege equipment except for the scorpions. With all the defences I had the AI should've made rams or catapults to take them down.

i Configure when 100, too high performance and can enjoy some Water Graphics issues.

In Scenario player must be control Pop Max, without mod the player file.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I disagree. Playing 1vs1, 2vs2 and even 3vs3 multiplayer with 200 max population is quite fun. I admit that some games (specially against AIs) could generate game-breaking lag. But if you join to IRC #0ad channel you can see that the regular player numbers is increasing each week :) and people is already concerned about balance, which IMO is a symptom of more people playing/enjoying the game :P

Oh yeah! Playing online is awesome. Pissing people off is great. Creating tactics, winning... (remember that 3v3 we played Enrique? quantum, me, greg vs you, eatings and geek (if I'm right) )

Oh yeah! Playing online is awesome. Pissing people off is great. Creating tactics, winning... (remember that 3v3 we played Enrique? quantum, me, greg vs you, eatings and geek (if I'm right) )

I believe our last encounter ended with me in a terribly irritated mood and a state of sad defeat. Its really a time issue that has led me to stop enjoying the staf matches. I'll resume once again when my research paper is turned in :P

I believe our last encounter ended with me in a terribly irritated mood and a state of sad defeat. Its really a time issue that has led me to stop enjoying the staf matches. I'll resume once again when my research paper is turned in :P

Pre-game tactics are a major win. :P

I turtled, blocking eatings, quantum pushed Enrique and greg was in the pocket - but then we decided that he should gain control of the lake, to avoid D-Days. xD

And we ended up D-Daying you and eatings. :P

Troops disembarking on shore, quantum pushing from the north, the massive Roman Maginot Line... that was a match to remember.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As far historical units are concerned that needs to be higher than any RTS on and off the market... darn straight.

I like 0.A.D. because one feels the world in a way that it takes you back to antiquity, the music, the feel, the graphics all form this experience and it's trully if I had to give it a word, beuatiful.

It's a beautiful game.

I think the water and rivers. lakes in the game are nice, I have not seen realistic graphics in a RTS like I have seen in 0.A.D.

Yes there are a few things that need work.
  • Gameplay
  • Unit Editing
  • Civilizations
  • Extra Buildings

But 0.A.D. is still being developed.

One needs to understand... that Rome was not built in a day
;) Edited by Burzum
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...