Age of Empires?

This is really awesome. Takes me back to when I was six or seven and watched my older cousins play it. AoE might very well be the first video game I came in contact with, ever.

So yeah, this would be an awesome mod ...

Edit: Yay, I just noticed the screenshot that quantumstate linked in his post was taken from the German version of the game.:D "Altsteinzeit" ... "Palaeolithic Age" - how very disappointed was I when I learned that the English version had *just* "Stone Age" as a term :P

Edited by SMST

This is really awesome. Takes me back to when I was six or seven and watched my older cousins play it. AoE might very well be the first video game I came in contact with, ever.

So yeah, this would be an awesome mod ...

Edit: Yay, I just noticed the screenshot that quantumstate linked in his post was taken from the German version of the game. :D "Altsteinzeit" ... "Palaeolithic Age" - how very disappointed was I when I learned that the English version had *just* "Stone Age" as a term :P

I was 12 when i put aoE en my pc. never before i was play a RTS. play Actium was my first game and dont know what to do, obviusly i lose.

Age of Empires was my first computer game, and (I'm quite certain I've already said this in a post on this forum some years ago) I've yet to find a game that gives me the amazing feeling I had when I played this when I was seven ... but 0 A.D. is definitely the closest any has gotten. I would love to be able to play a 0 A.D. 'AoE Classic' mod ... but I'm not sure about copyright (and about my modelling skills xD).

• Like 2

I realized relatively recently that I've always been an RTS addict, I just didn't know it.

My first RTS was when I was about 9, I think it was called Jurassic Park Chaos Island. Then shortly after was Populous: The Beginning. Then AoK, AoM and C&C in that order. I missed the original AoE somehow though.

Age of Empires was my first computer game, and (I'm quite certain I've already said this in a post on this forum some years ago) I've yet to find a game that gives me the amazing feeling I had when I played this when I was seven ... but 0 A.D. is definitely the closest any has gotten. I would love to be able to play a 0 A.D. 'AoE Classic' mod ... but I'm not sure about copyright (and about my modelling skills xD).

all can help you when game is Finish, is good idea to not Official mod, a Fan mod. Edited by Lion.Kanzen

When i was younger, i used to watch my father and my older cousin play AoE and Starcraft. It was love at first sight. Now I've been through AoK, AoM, EE, SC2, AoE3, Populous, Black & White, C&C, RoN, D&D Dragonshard, Warcraft 2 & 3, Warzone 2100, etc., but i still suck at them, i only beat Hard AIs on most of these. I guess though i like them all, i didn't get the talent to be the best in any of them.