The Great Community Map - 1.0

Kimball

I didn't say it wasn't possible (I did that too with Silk Road and I believe it worked out quite nicely) but the transition is difficult to do (rivers and mountains / cliffs work well for that purpose).

It looks that the road from the Southern gate from the Roman camp stops quite sudden or is that just hidden by the trees? Otherwise it looks nice on the screenshot! (didn't take a closer look yet :) )

On 24-12-2012 at 7:11 PM, Kimball said:

You can delete a few trees, change the edges of the terrain, and other such small things to make your area blend in with the surrounding areas, just make sure you don't significantly change or do anything to damage other peoples' work. If you cause significant damage to another person's work and can't fix it, you will have to re-download the version of the map that I sent you and start over. When you blend areas, make sure there is a proper transition. Don't have a desert immediately cut off at the edge of a mountain or have an ocean suddenly end with a forest.

From the rules, You are allowed to make small modifications in other areas in order to create a proper blend

You can do Shift + left mouse click to select the same texture as the one that is already painted

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a try.. not entirely happy about my work, but here is the current version if someone else will edit another part first (I won't have time to edit my part again in the next few hours/days)

Question:
Is there an easy way to delete particles (like the volcano smoke)? I want to change the location of the volcano. 

(I was evil and moved the border to the black-grid part slightly :P)

screenshot0001.png

screenshot0002.png

screenshot0003.png

Community_Map_svott.zip

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, fcxSanya said:

@Skhorn it seems @niektb's comment to @Lion.Kanzen's first take on his section will be suitable here too:

Maybe you can make it more blending with the surroundings?) The desired direction seems to be in making a more or less consistent map rather than patchwork of wildly different sections :)

The gate of Tartarus :P

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I've removed this from the community maps 2 mod because it was never completed.

The latest version of this map is in the last release (v0.25.11) and also in the repo's history at  rev c69e829 

The only changes made to it while I've maintained the cm2 repo is just migration to newer versions of the engine (iirc)

The map can get re-added later if it becomes completed or playable, of course!

Edited by andy5995
  • Like 1