New resource: Gold (or another)

raymond

It is possible to create a voting here?

This rare resource should also not be in the starting civic centre so you must expand to this position (maybe in the middle of the map).

Currently there is no need to build much civic centres.

Edited by raymond

Then a voting on the homepage play0ad.com :)

I think what he meant is that it’s not so much about how many users want that feature, but about whether a developer wants to — and will — implement it.

In this case, I guess a developer should create a branch for that change, and it could be tested to see if it actually makes the game funnier to play somehow. It seems unlikely, though.

I honestly don't think this would add anything to the gameplay. While theoretically this is more "realistic", overly realistic games aren't fun. If you bog down gameplay with hyper-micro gameplay elements, like training units as children, remembering to feed them as they grow up and then training them to be soldiers would make for an awful game. More realistic? Sure. More fun for the end user? Definitely not.

We've already been criticized for having 4 different resources, but we believe that it works out best for our concept. 5 resources would be too much to handle.

/2cents

City Building games tend to have a lot of resources but almost no combat. Its very difficult to find a halfway game with more resources but still enough combat.

Warlords Battlecry had metal, stone, crytal, and gold and that's the most we usually see. Although most games you could kinda count the population cap. SC has 2 and warcraft has 3.

And honestly we have so many people whining about even starcraft. Wah I hate buildings, wah we should only need gold and so on.

Aside from people like myself who are serious nerds you aren't going to find any audience for games with more complex economics, gaming has been pushing towards simplistic for so long, you can't reverse the slide.

Neither do I. I prefer more focus on warfare (like it is now) than in the economic/resource gathering area (which I think the balance is quite good)

that was Problem with Empire earth (I and II).

In RON even are only 3 Resources. if anyone wants more resources. may be can be "RARE RESOURCES".

http://riseofnations.../Rare_resources

that is more easy way to micromanaging and add Realism in same way.

all rare resources can go to 4 default stockpile(Wood, Food, Stone, Metal/gold/rich/wealthness)

Edited by Lion.Kanzen