Indie of the Year 2012

Jeru

Voting goes on for the next 9 days. If we can get a few screenshots and a news post out, that should get our subscribers' attention. The only two unreleased titles with more ModDB subscribers than us is Overgrowth (3,297) and Tiberian Sun Reborn (1,392), to our 1,319, although there were 5-10 titles that had around a thousand. If we can reach our massive audience effectively (and utilize our new friends at Sourceforge), we'll have a decent shot at taking home a trophy this year.

This would also be an opportune time for an Alpha release (but only if we're ready, obviously - this is no reason to rush a release).

Just a few days ago, we made it once more to the top 100 indie games on Indie DB!

Thanks for your support, but we need your help to vote for us one more time to win a top prize.

Please vote for us in the second round of the Indie of the Year contest.

Under "Upcoming games of 2012", under "Real Time Strategy", you need to click the word "VOTE" on the left of "0 A.D."

Thanks in advance, and may the odds be ever in 0 A.D.'s favor.

• Like 1

There are two more games in the RTS category: Gnomoria and Towns. Seeing as the latter was featured in the genre awards it's probably got a reasonable amount of votes. Still, we're three games sharing about 2000 votes, and in all the other genres it's more like 5-10 games at least in each genre, so unless an individual game has gotten a huge percentage of the votes we still have a decent chance at a good result.

Also, the players choice award winners will not be revealed until the 24th/25th according to the schedule they sent us before the IOTY started :)

I wonder what the margin was. It would be awesome if IOTY showed the % of the top 5 votes. I notice Overgrowth may have won, but it couldn't win twice... :-) Someone should find out why Overgrowth is so popular...

What was our previous position? 3rd? So we have improved :-) Another year of development, a new path finder, more graphical improvements, improved gameplay, and we're in the running for 1st place :-)

They release a new alpha and a new video every week detailing the new features. The game is also being developed by only 4 people full time, so everything is incredibly cohesive. The very first thing was integrate google chrome with the engine so the UI is also very responsive and customizable.

They release a new alpha and a new video every week detailing the new features. The game is also being developed by only 4 people full time, so everything is incredibly cohesive. The very first thing was integrate google chrome with the engine so the UI is also very responsive and customizable.

That's what we should also do :P

I've tried to "look into it" before but lack the skills of implementing it. It should be noted there is significant opposition to this idea :(

The main reason I recall is that the game is now built around Spidermonkey.

Some related topics:

I've tried to "look into it" before but lack the skills of implementing it. It should be noted there is significant opposition to this idea :(

The main reason I recall is that the game is now built around Spidermonkey.

i dont recall any opposition :yes3: Devs were just saying that it was a little difficult and some amount of work to replace the spidermonkey engine interfacing...