0 A.D. on Wikipedia

Spahbod

i've changed civilization descriptions a little: fabio, please take a look

Probably the guy that added so many scenarios has confused the game with some other, maybe Totale War Rome 2? :)

Don't know if you guys noticed, but there are no version characteristics yet.

Off topic: I find italian easier to understand than french, at least the sounds are similar to portuguese, and those that aren't i recognize the root of the word...

The changes looks good to me, eventually more content can be ported from the English page when it's stabilized :).

ok ;)

Don't know if you guys noticed, but there are no version characteristics yet.

Off topic: I find italian easier to understand than french, at least the sounds are similar to portuguese, and those that aren't i recognize the root of the word...

Do you mean the column "Features" in Version history ("Caratteristiche" in italian page)?

well... sincerely i don't think they are much important. A newcomer is not interested when a certain feature was implemented, but he wants to know if it's implemented. On the other hand, one who already know 0 A.D. probably use this site to grab those informations.

But, for the sake of completeness, i'll translate the features column as soon as possible :)

well... sincerely i don't think they are much important. A newcomer is not interested when a certain feature was implemented, but he wants to know if it's implemented.

This is an indicator of project's activity and part of its history, "A newcomer is not interested when a certain feature was implemented" - this is probably usually true, but many people may be interested to see an overview, how much the project evolved in e.g. last few months/year.

This is an indicator of project's activity and part of its history, "A newcomer is not interested when a certain feature was implemented" - this is probably usually true, but many people may be interested to see an overview, how much the project evolved in e.g. last few months/year.

yes that why always are guys, suggesting same topics in forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new, but an interesting sighting nonetheless:

WikiProject Computer Games is part of the Computer Games Portal. How do the German Wikipedia's projects and portals differ from those on the English Wikipedia? Have you collaborated or shared any material with the English WikiProject Video Games or with similar projects for any other languages? How can communication between the different languages of Wikipedia be improved?

It's said portals are for the readers and projects for the editors, but IMHO there is no obvious difference. Many projects without portals tend to design their project pages close to portals and vice versa. For collaborations, I can't remember any.

I think the first problem for collaboration is language skill. Reading a foreign language is one thing, corresponding is a different beast. The second problem from my perspective are the strict criteria of the German Wikipedia regarding relevance, references, and proofs that do not translate to any other project. For example, for us it's nearly impossible to save an article from being deleted if the game hasn't already been released. The majority simply does not accept products that do not already exist and the argument for games is "they often get cancelled." Stubs are not accepted easily as well. Also, if we can not give proof from neutral sources for innovation, wide reception (critics, awards) or significant sales, the article often gets a deletion request. For games, the criteria seem even harder than for the rest. My personal opinion: Sometimes you get the impression German Wikipedians are representative for the more conservative part of the German population that still thinks games are childish and pulp fiction (compared to Goethe and Schiller). These problems are difficult to explain and I think it results from our cultural background and different understanding of an encyclopedia. We have a very strong exclusionist faction.

• Like 1