Sound Designer HaelDb

Position: Sound Designer .

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?

Yes

Brandon :

Brandon Shane Morris (We prefer to work on a first-name basis).

Email:

Brandonmorris12@gmail.comMSN Messenger:

Brandonmorris12@hotmail.com, so we can chat with you

eg: Mckinney,Texas (helps us to calculate GMT for real-time meetings). Where you currently reside.

Availability:

50-60 hours on average do you think you'll have for Wildfire Games? What about 6 months from now?

23 How old are you? Not because it matters, but rather we ask this to anticipate your availability and other factors based on where you are in life.

[(Optional) What keeps you busy in your day to day life? Student, work? etc.

Part time retail job and Student work.

Skills and Experience:

What qualifies you for this position? What experience have you had in the past?

Have worked on numerous FOSS projects including games,film, and gaming engines.

Motivation:

Tell us what motivates you to pursue these skills and experiences.

The love for sound and the motivation to bring back innovation into video games

Personality:

Creatively describe the way you see yourself in one sentence.

Humorous, clever, and very particular about things that need to be done. A perfectionist in my own way.

Short Essay:

How and when did you find out about Wildfire Games? What motivates you to be a part of the project? What do you seek to gain in being a part of Wildfire Games?

I found out about wildfire games today doing some job search. It motivates me to be part of a project that also shows passion and innovation into the game industry. I gain to seek experience and feed the inquisitive side of me to learn new things and have new challenges appear for me to tackle.

Interests and Hobbies:

Tell us briefly about some of the other things you enjoy doing your free time. We ask this to get to know your background a bit better

Mostly just work on sound all day. I know it "sounds" cliché :P. My music and sound is my life. I guess in my spare time away from doing actual work I make ambient and electronic music on the side.

http://www.youtube.com/brandon75689

Staff:

(Optional) Do you know, or know of anyone on the team?

I do not.

Community:

(Optional) What communities, websites, or forums do you frequent that relate to your interests and the gaming world?

Indiegamer, pcgamer, mostly just Google random tidbits I find and search of the first result.

Favorite Game:

What's your favorite game at the moment? What about your overall favorite?

Games that were really ahead of their time is what I love. Games that try to keep pushing innovation. Warz, Apb, Starcraft, Counter strike. Things that were seen as an establishment for something new.

Work Examples:

If applicable to the position you're applying to, please include a few examples of your past experience.

Audio Admin of Opengameart.org. Make sure quality control of all audio. Making sure is abides by all licenses.

Worked on Free Libre game Flare. Did ambient music, voice overs, and monster sounds.

http://flarerpg.org/

Brandon Morris Resume.doc

Hi Brandon,

Firstly welcome to the forums!

I'm part of the Art Department but am also looking after the Sound Department temporarily. I'm very interested in your application and I think it would be best for us to discuss further offline.

Expect an email from me to appear in your gmail inbox in the next few hours.