Planned Features

quantumstate

On 22/08/2020 at 7:37 AM, Alexandermb said:

Depending on how its seen, if it has auto refresh after a time it may be considered Cooldown.

If we have an ammunation carriage like Risk of nation with an aura refilling infantry ammunation could reduce micromanage to only a single unit positioning and opening the field to "supply" attack strategy.

if weapon switching is implemented with automatic switching when ammo is 0 or too much close to use ranged weapons wouldn't be micro.

and finally with batallions i don't see any problem since archers will have to fully retreat with a single click to replenish instead of selecting a whole group of single infantry. Just like you mentioned.

For one side the micro management of ammo would make players twink twice on attacking whitout supplies and relying more on melee infantry/cavalry. and less to massification of proyectil before melee hits.

It has his pros and cons. Wouldn't really know until the feature is fully implemented with every option mentioned above is up to the plan.

this unit would be like the healer but would replenish ammunition instead of hp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

after reading many criticisms of AOEIV many people expect a Total War and AoE hybrid.

fairly balanced in combat, neither too fast nor too slow.

With defenses and sieges like Stronghold (AoEIV) it mimicked that well.

Sounds of wars, ranging from trumpets, to whistles and generic sounds.

There are many games that have been quite innovative lately.

I shared a list where 0 A.D. appears.

• Stan` unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • Stan` pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 21/08/2020 at 11:53 PM, bb_ said:

On 04/08/2020 at 11:36 AM, Stan` said:

My understanding of javelinists is that they would often only carry a few javelins and would switch to a melee quickly after they closed the gap.

We don't have a ammunition system (yet) so this might be more work.

On 22/08/2020 at 6:54 PM, myou5e said:

Resupply, such as repurposing trade cart models to carry ammo

Or maybe use the wood resource carry of the units? Finally a purpose for units carrying piles of logs into battle! Ammo cart could be a two-sided storage for wood in this case, where they can either put wood in or take it out (remove res). Ranged fighting was costly, after all, and that is the main reason why they are currently OP in an unrealistic way. They have infinite arrows.

This solution might be tricky with the mounted cavalry tho.

On 03/11/2020 at 8:26 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yeah, and you could even have a 2 or 3 second delay as the archer swaps out his bow for his dagger (with a short swapping animation). 

Could make it depend on unit level. Experienced units swap faster.

On 03/11/2020 at 8:26 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think there could be 2 types of auto weapons swapping. "Initial" or "aggressive" switching would be like Roman Hastatus who throws a pilum or javelin before closing with his melee weapon.

I like how you think :) It would probably feel even smoother if units had some kind of charge damage / stun if they run or even ride into battle. Probably should only be possible for battalions to ease computing.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing as Rome, I was very surprised that the hastati had no main weapon - throwing spears. How about adding interchangeable weapons? Or, if not, then I see this battle like this: hastati begin their attack by throwing several spears at the enemy, after which the ranged attack skill would be recharged for 30-60 seconds, during which time the hastati would attack with a gladius. How do you like it? But, of course, it would be better for me to choose the type of attack myself.

Edited by Thulsa Doom
  • Like 1

1. It would also be nice to add a "marshland" biome to randomly generate maps in daylight and nighttime. It would be interesting to look at a randomly generated map of swampy islands in the ocean.

2. And it would not be bad to give the opportunity to disable the recording of the game.

3. And also add an automatic save function after a specified number of minutes.

Edited by Thulsa Doom

1 hour ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

But this function has already been implemented in the Persian immortals, only there the spear is replaced by a bow. Is not it so?:laugh:

No, that's a hack we did but the mechanics in theory should be different,it should be smoother and with a small transition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

Since we have China, it would be nice to add the Yellow Mountains, Himalayas, Taklamakan and Gobi biome for random maps.

Reveal hidden contents

AsfpYzMLjwVsH5l1V4o8WYv7vT5O0IlwXmrDE6iF

Reveal hidden contents

HD-wallpaper-tibet-himalayas-mountain-ex

Reveal hidden contents

Takla-Makan-Desert.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

1200px-Gobi_Desert_dunes.jpg

usually this doesn't go here.(in this topic).

This one goes in the suggestions or suggestions for biome-maps.

• Sad 1