Macedonian Siege Workshop and Celtic/Iberian Blacksmith

Mythos_Ruler

Macedonians

Looking at the Macedonians, there are currently too many units to fit them all into the Fortress: 3 heroes, 2 champions, and 4 siege engines. Given the Macedonians' penchant for siege weaponry, I think it would be cool to give them a Siege Workshop not unlike the Siege Workshop from Age of Kings. This would move the siege weapons from the fortress, so heroes and champions can be built there, while giving extra emphasis to their siegeing capabilities. This is similar to how the Persians have a Cavalry Stables, which emphasizes their superiority in cavalry.

Celts

I was thinking the "Celtic" and Iberian factions could get an armoury/blacksmith structure to emphasize their penchant for metal working (Celts were the first to use iron weaponry and invented chain mail). Most of their military upgrades would then take place here, while their barracks would be purely for training (and some minor training upgrades).

Now, the current Iberian Barracks looks like it could be a good Blacksmith and then we can come up with a new barracks design. Perhaps the same could be said for the Celtic factions, but I'm not positive on that.

I feel like I'm not doing much around here...so I took it upon myself to make a celtic blacksmith. It was nice to make something that wasn't indian, they're architecture is confusing :P Tell me what you think, what changes I should make.

Good work Alevyr ! The chimney tower should probably rise higher, which will increase the feel of blacksmith and will help distinguish the building from houses or else. You maybe could make 2 chimneys...

Can you also try a some texturing ? I'd love to see how it looks with textures. :)

I feel like I'm not doing much around here...so I took it upon myself to make a celtic blacksmith. It was nice to make something that wasn't indian, they're architecture is confusing :P Tell me what you think, what changes I should make.

It lacks an anvil and some minor decorations (some examples of the blacksmither's work).

Edited by Pedro Falcão

Nice work! :)

That door seems a bit off scale, and I'm afraid that the chimney and props around wouldn't be very visible from the normal camera angle/position when playing because of the position under the roof, otherwise the design is looking good, keep improving it

I'd keep all those details, its nice to see them once in a while and think to yourself how much attention the makers paid to everything ;)

I think the chimney should taper at the top. I.e. Bigger down and smaller at the top :)

I'd keep all those details, its nice to see them once in a while and think to yourself how much attention the makers paid to everything ;)

I'm not saying to get rid of them, just changing the position of those details, or the roof size ;)

i.e. look at the sample of the settlers image, where the props aren't under the roof, so we're be able to see it from top-down view.