Computer Science Students Yannick & Simon Willing to Contribute

Hey,

we are two computer science students in the major grade and we are taking a lectuer on software engineering where we should contribute to an open source project. Since we followed the development of 0 A.D with great interest for some time already, we would be very happy if there is something that we can do for you.

We know C++ and JavaScript both very well and also have a basic understanding of computer graphics.

Of course we checked out the starter tasks and we found the summary screen improvement task quite appropriate, but we noticed that there are already people working on it (http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16716).

Maybe somebody has another nice and small issue that needs to be fixed or a neat feature to be implemented. Otherwise we will just choose another task from the list of starter tasks.

Yannick & Simon

Hi Simon, hi Yannick,

You are welcome here. Your offer comes very well, as there is a lot of discussion now around the improvement of the game engine and the AI, etc. Programmers are what we look for !

Someone from the programming department will come to you very soon (I'm from the art departement).

Thanks a lot for choosing 0 A.D. to practice inside your studies. I like that idea!

Thanks for reaching out guys. You can see the list of gameplay features and their status here. Additionally, there is a list of all active tickets, if anything really catches your eyes. Honestly I would recommend creating separate accounts. Remember, programmers don't have to submit applications. Just pick up a ticket, and get started :)

Additional info...

Hello and thank you for your offer. As said before the programmers can probably be of more help, but it would be nice if you could give us some basic idea of how much time you have available :) You do say a small task though, so I'm assuming you don't have time for any larger tasks?

Thanks for your info.

Indeed, we can't spend too much time, so larger tasks are unrealistic. We thought of about 8 hours of work. It's not that we don't want to do more, but as we have other commitments we have to keep this terminable.

Anyway, we'll really give our best to help this project with this small contribution.

The game play feature status overview is very helpful, thanks.

Simon