WIP new API for the AIs, along with new version of Aegis.

The fact it didn't attack the siege rams is more surprising. Perhaps it was busy elsewhere, there might be weird reactions in those cases.

The Iberian player just came out of a fight. I think he chased the remaining Roman units back to their own lands, and got killed there, because there was no Iberian cavalry left at all, but there were also no Roman units on the Iberian ground, apart from those sieges.

The citizen soldiers were all busy with the economy.

After that, the Iberian started to build his army again. As I said, he already got to 15 cavalry units, but they were all idle (waiting for a complete army). I think the Iberian player didn't react because the sieges were already on Iberian ground before the cavalry units were created.

So the Roman sieges were happily destroying Iberian houses, without protection and without being attacked.

This defense proved unbeatable to Aegis Bot:

XaaeGHD.png

It did send batch after batch of units towards it, but it seemed to focus most of its firepower - especially siege weapons - against towers. So it had to go all the way around the wall (the red line) before being able to land a blow, by which time the units would already have been killed by the towers.

Also, when it ran out of metal sources in its own territory, it began sending workers suicidally towards my metal mines, where they would just get killed in the defense shown above. After that point it basically shut down - it was no longer able to build any armies after losing access to metal. It would probably be better if it had just started using traders to gain metal then.

Edited by zoot

Known issues, zoot, but thanks for reporting them, this could be useful. I'm assuming it's a punjab map?

Basically to fix this requires rewriting many things or improving upon many things, which is planned but not for now.

sanderd17: might be fixed actually, defense and attack were not mixing together so well because of an issue.

• Like 1

sanderd17: might be fixed actually, defense and attack were not mixing together so well because of an issue.

It's the SVN from March 16th.

Other issue I discovered, it doesn't really see Gaia as an opponent. When there are Gaia warriors in the map, Aegis just walks past them. Only units that get hit react on Gaia units. You can see the screenshots of the Azure coast map. First, female citizens were just walking past those Gaia units. Dying one after the other. And when I changed the gaia units into units of my own. Aegis suddenly send an army towards it.

I also have a feeling that Aegis doesn't react on unassigned units.

In both cases. Aegis should try to avoid it when possible, or attack it with an army when you really need to pass through.

In the images, you see the difference between those units as Gaia and those units as opponents.

2unwrpd.jpg23u6ebo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

we posted it already on Trac http://trac.wildfire...com/ticket/1881 but maybe it's of interest here too.

A friend and I played multiplayer 2vs2 on alpine valley versus two Aegis bots and kept getting OOS at some point.

When using qBot we were able to finish our games.

Please tell me if you need any further details and if there is something we can help with.

• Like 1

Hi,

we posted it already on Trac http://trac.wildfire...com/ticket/1881 but maybe it's of interest here too.

A friend and I played multiplayer 2vs2 on alpine valley versus two Aegis bots and kept getting OOS at some point.

When using qBot we were able to finish our games.

Please tell me if you need any further details and if there is something we can help with.

Thanks for reporting. Did either of you use the developer console during the game?

• 2 weeks later...

If I open atlas and generate a testmap of mine (not placing any entity/actor) it works fine. If I go to the player tab and than switch back to the map tab (without anything changed) and regenerate the map errors occur:

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/helpers/InitGame.js line 21 reference to undefined property settings.PlayerData.AIDiff

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/helpers/InitGame.js line 21 Script value conversion check failed: JSVAL_IS_NUMBER(v) (got type undefined)

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/helpers/InitGame.js line 23 reference to undefined property settings.PlayerData.AIDiff

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/helpers/InitGame.js line 21 reference to undefined property settings.PlayerData.AIDiff

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/helpers/InitGame.js line 21 Script value conversion check failed: JSVAL_IS_NUMBER(v) (got type undefined)

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/helpers/InitGame.js line 23 reference to undefined property settings.PlayerData.AIDiff

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/ai/qbot-wc/qbot.js line 68 TypeError: myKeyEntities.toEntityArray()[0] is undefined ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/ai/qbot-wc/qbot.js:68 ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/ai/common-api-v3/base.js:42 @:0

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/ai/qbot-wc/qbot.js line 68 TypeError: myKeyEntities.toEntityArray()[0] is undefined ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/ai/qbot-wc/qbot.js:68 ([object Object],[object Object])@simulation/ai/common-api-v3/base.js:42 @:0

This is annoying and does not really help to indicate any problem because if the player got no units he will likely notice on it's own (without a Bot raising errors).

It would be nice if those messages could be removed.

Another question: Is there a bot "template" for the AI-API-v3 (a bot that links to the engine but does nothing)? To be an "API" I think something like this is actually a must.

Edited by FeXoR