===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan War Elephant (and hero elephant)

Mythos_Ruler

Depends on how Zaggy wants to do it.

For the armor to move around properly (without edges going through the elephant's skin), it'll have to be rigged, and the head armor may have to be too (because the trunk will move), so I guess that means it'll probably have to be one texture... Unless someone makes a way to make props use the same animation as its parent (or an animation associated with the animation of its parent).

For the armor to move around properly (without edges going through the elephant's skin), it'll have to be rigged, and the head armor may have to be too (because the trunk will move), so I guess that means it'll probably have to be one texture... Unless someone makes a way to make props use the same animation as its parent (or an animation associated with the animation of its parent).

It's very possible to have props do animations (how do you think riders do "riding" animations when their mount is running, etc.). :) So, really, it's up to you if you want separate meshes for the other stuff and prop it all to the standard Asian elephant mesh, or have it all be 1 Asian War Elephant mesh, completely separate from the standard Asian elephant mesh.

make a Upgrade to Light Elephant to Haevy Elphant.

The armored elephant is a champion unit. It does not gain ranks. The non-armored elephant will have up to 3 riders, one more each gained rank.

Adding grunge maps to the metal make it look like wet from a distance, looks ok when zooming, but I think is not necessary.

EDIT:

@lilstewie:

Something like this is too inaccurate for that period? -> http://www.ibiblio.org/britishraj/Jackson1/img/p000Elephant.jpg

The armored elephant is a champion unit. It does not gain ranks. The non-armored elephant will have up to 3 riders, one more each gained rank.

Adding grunge maps to the metal make it look like wet from a distance, looks ok when zooming, but I think is not necessary.

Argyraspides and Hyspapit too? ;).

Not the actuallooks some leather or plastic only this, is my opinion, the other textures are very cool.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

oIrv1kg.jpg?1

I've never really seen a howdah design in the reliefs. All I have seen is some sort of cover, roof for the person in the back. I dont know if this is a simplification of a howdah design. No good references(historically accurate painting, drawing, etc) of a howdah design from then. :/

If you guys insisted on a howdah design this is the closest good reference I have found.

JP2QI.jpg

Before the Islamic invasion of India.

Edited by lilstewie
  • Like 1

kSIT9.jpg

gIyKbui.jpg?1

This is actually more historically accurate for that time period. Most images dont have howdahs shown at all.

The tower howdahs are probably a Greek idea. They had limited elephants and they made the best out of it. India would rush many elephants to break the army.

I know this is all so confusing. :P

Edited by lilstewie
  • Like 1