===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Defense Tower, City Walls, Wall Gate

Mythos_Ruler

What kind of tool a proper import/export script for blender or something else be specific Lion do not post just to see your name.

Enjoy the Choice :)

not is true, i im thinking that way, have Sketch up to do Buildings, and forms its very easy, especially for a guys like me, that was working with Vectorial Programs to do Shapes. and that suggest you its good idea, you know how difficult is putt off Edges in 3d a 3d Object exported from Sketch up?.

It sounds like the Mauryan walls changed from wood to stone over time, so perhaps there should be a special technology that represents this change?

I also thought in this option, but I figured that it sounds kind of a cheat to use wood to build your walls to convert them to a more strong ones just with a technology, thus saving all the stone other civs would need to make them.

I also thought in this option, but I figured that it sounds kind of a cheat to use wood to build your walls to convert them to a more strong ones just with a technology, thus saving all the stone other civs would need to make them.

We could always have it cost a lot of stone. Alternatively upgrade one piece at a time, but immediately, which would still be a benefit as you could build up a good amount of wood walls, and then later once you have more stone you could upgrade the walls to get stronger ones =) (Not sure it's worth complicating things that much though :) )

Perhaps already-built walls wouldn't change at all (still be wood) but now stone walls would also be unlocked?

^^^^^^^

Plus, a lot of the structures now are overwhelmingly stone based.

Or have the brick marks visible(CC, Barracks, etc, etc). When in fact they were mostly wood or plastered over like this.

Oj8iz.jpg

No stone, brick marks should be shown.

jCLTOuW.jpg

8IfM9xx.jpg\

a7N8jKy.jpg

indianarchitecture4.jpg

Chanakya show does an amazing job at recreating that era accurately.

Now compare to this texture.

http://www.wildfireg...&attach_id=4993

http://www.wildfireg...100#entry259122

This is because you guys went back to Egg inspired original Mauryan work i think.

IpQQJ.jpg

Edited by lilstewie

We already have a technology for that. It's called 'Town Phase' :P

Er, good point. :P But Town Phase is probably too early for them to have stone walls, and their non-palisade wood walls would be too strong for Village Phase.

Perhaps consider this scheme: Like most other civs, they have palisades in Village Phase. In Town Phase, they get more powerful wooden walls (a bit like the Celtic walls, but less sturdy). In City Phase, a technology is unlocked that, when researched, allows them to also build stone walls, like most civs get in Town Phase. This sort of simulates the process with which they actually got stone walls.

So they'd actually have 3 types of walls, but they'd get real stone walls much later than most civs (or perhaps not at all, if the player is more offensive and doesn't bother to research the stone wall technology).