===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Market

Mythos_Ruler

Amazing! Can't wait to see this in game :-)

Any chance you might add some more colourful textures? A simple design could do the trick. The stripes just don't.

I think the best thing would be a few variations in which the stalls have different sails.

Pure white, striped, some kind of pattern, yellowish ... So that the markets don't look exactly the same each time...

Amazing! Can't wait to see this in game :-)

Any chance you might add some more colourful textures? A simple design could do the trick. The stripes just don't.

I think the best thing would be a few variations in which the stalls have different sails.

Pure white, striped, some kind of pattern, yellowish ... So that the markets don't look exactly the same each time...

The main purpose of the sheets coloring is to better show the playercolor (and add color variation in the process). I've take a look to the references we have and the only textile patterns I found were stripes. Using different colors for each stall may confuse the purpose of the playercolor to define the owner of the structure.

These models are amazing. Great work guys!

This may just be because I am colour-blind (with reds and greens, which makes browns a pain in the neck!), but, as far as the colouring goes, I find it harder to see the stripes than the solid colours.

This may be due to the fact that 2 shades of the colour are used for the stripes, which kind of throws me out a little (the red looks more browny). The blue isn't too bad, but if there are other shades of blue or purples used as team colours, this may cause some problems.

I would recommend using the solid colours, but you could also try using a SINGLE shade of a colour instead of two. This might help people to identify the colour easier.

A third option might be to just use the 2 shades of the colour and remove the white stripes.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

This may just be because I am colour-blind (with reds and greens, which makes browns a pain in the neck!), but, as far as the colouring goes, I find it harder to see the stripes than the solid colours.

This may be due to the fact that 2 shades of the colour are used for the stripes, which kind of throws me out a little (the red looks more browny). The blue isn't too bad, but if there are other shades of blue or purples used as team colours, this may cause some problems.

I would recommend using the solid colours, but you could also try using a SINGLE shade of a colour instead of two. This might help people to identify the colour easier.

A third option might be to just use the 2 shades of the colour and remove the white stripes.

Hope this helps.

This is great information, and since color blindness is actually fairly common, it's something we need to consider. There was an accessibility topic started recently: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16961 -- if you have time, perhaps you could comment on any other issues in 0 A.D. that affect how accessible/usable it is for you (y)

• 3 weeks later...