===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Market

Mythos_Ruler

To be honest, guys, i think this model is perfect as it is now. Too compact buildings aren't cool, a market above all else. Remember this is a market, not a single trader's tent.

We're not asking to compact all into a tiny space, just rearrange the stalls in a way that occupy less space.

I still regretting how big I made the roman market, because sometimes I don't have enough room to place it in a heavy-flora crowded or reduced spaces. IMO persians and celt markets have the perfect footprint size.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this a few days ago in the Elephant stables thread thinking that the stables thing in the bottom-left of this relief was an elephant stables... it turns out its a horse stables but we could use it as a possible building component in the market building (maybe it could house a static ox cart model) Either way here is the relief again:F1932.25.jpg

There was a short discussion of it in the elephant stables thread... For more info check there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Waow! That looks really cool! I love how detailed it is, how rich are the stands. Maybe that's how you plan it, but on my opinion the player color should be places on these big white square sheets, because there's space, and because for now those big white patches don't feel much Indian (lack of color and patterns).

darn, Mauryan India is about to reveal itself in full scope very soon! :)

on my opinion the player color should be places on these big white square sheets, because there's space, and because for now those big white patches don't feel much Indian (lack of color and patterns).

I discussed this with Pureon some time ago, the problem adding patterns/playercolor to the white sheets is that the texture is used in some buildings and could lead to some ugly stretching. Perhaps I'll try with an extra small texture for the patterns/playercolor (though I used some flowers details with playercolor not currently shown in the screenshots) we'll see

Yes, maybe tiny details like flowers could be a good improvement, indeed.

If patterns don't work because of stretching, maybe just changing the color of some of sheets would work well as a sign of the player color and avoiding this too white feel. Here's a mockup. I quickly tried that just to see how player color would look that way. Not awesome but well, just to try.

sVFUg51l.jpg