===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Barracks

Spahbod

Whenever the texture seams I have to fix it manually :/

With such nice modelling skills you should consider switching to Maya, Blender or Max. If not for the modelling (wich probably you would get better once you learn the UI) at least for the texturing part.

But I'm speaking without any Sketchup knowledge, just the information I read.

Also, if you are happy with any model you have already do, you can post it here, and we can fix seams issues with your permission :P

I love both. I question the utility, though, of the round arch above the door on the right one. Are people supposed to walk on the sloping/round walkway above that? :)

Without the arch it seemed too simple and i couldn't imagine a toran there... That's why i didn't question it. But anyways it would be a good place to throw things at invaders, wouldn't it?

Just a question that has been bugging me.

You're using sketchup, right, LordGood? Your models and texturing are looking great, however my main concern is about UVW Maps. I don't know if Sketchup creates UVW maps or if you're using that old sketchup texturing method to paint the faces with the texture. (I could be wrong, since it's been years when I last fired up Sketchup.)

In order to import models ingame, it must have an UVW map - I guess you know that :P

And I'm afraid we wont be able see such awesome work - the way it is right now - ingame. :(

Just a question that has been bugging me.

You're using sketchup, right, LordGood? Your models and texturing are looking great, however my main concern is about UVW Maps. I don't know if Sketchup creates UVW maps or if you're using that old sketchup texturing method to paint the faces with the texture. (I could be wrong, since it's been years when I last fired up Sketchup.)

In order to import models ingame, it must have an UVW map - I guess you know that :P

And I'm afraid we wont be able see such awesome work - the way it is right now - ingame. :(

Well I've previously looked into what your saying, and when painting and positioning the texture onto the face Sketchup writes that face's address(?) into the UVW map which is invisible to the Sketchup user but exports into 3DS Max. Basically, I think I should be able to convert his Sketchup files to mapped DAEs as long as he is only using one material in Sketchup.

Edited by Josh

This is what I get when I import :/

What other file formats can you export? OBJ?

It works for me. The problem seems to be that it is divided in several objects, and their origins are messed up.

It has UVs coordinates but they're heavily stretched.

I have no knowledge about Sketchup, but if there's an option to join all objects into one mesh it may probably fix the origins issue.

here's what I get:

post-13528-0-88346300-1352897992_thumb.j

That happens to me too

Just give it a little shake and everything goes back to where it should be

Ctrl A move, then escape

I do have blender, and that always happens with my dae files

Making it one mesh will greatly increase the polygon count

I can't fix it that way :S, could you please be more specific?

I can't fix it that way :S, could you please be more specific?

If you import in blender, select everything, then proceed to move the whole thing. everything will go back to where it should be. don't complete the move command but escape out of it, and everything should go back to their original coordinates and scale

If you import in blender, select everything, then proceed to move the whole thing. everything will go back to where it should be. don't complete the move command but escape out of it, and everything should go back to their original coordinates and scale

I can't reproduce that in blender 2.64. I tried in object and edit mode, but still everything in the same place. Which Blender version are you using?

You could try exporting from Sketchup in .OBJ file or importing .dae in blender, fixing and then posting the .blend file in a .zip