modern warfare reaches 0 A.D.

Ilves

Thanks Lion, though sad to say but I took some time to think about it last night and I've decided to put school on hold for a month or two due to financial concerns and to invest the time I would be spending on classes to brush up on my basics (my sketching has gotten pretty bad and I don't really want to have to take a catch up class. lol)

Thanks Lion, though sad to say but I took some time to think about it last night and I've decided to put school on hold for a month or two due to financial concerns and to invest the time I would be spending on classes to brush up on my basics (my sketching has gotten pretty bad and I don't really want to have to take a catch up class. lol)

This Game would be Epic with many people Join to expanse with contributions and mods.

Yeah, the textures and models are fine. They'll look good in the engine. Just need to get the entity within an entity problem solved. Something we've wanted for things like archers and catapults on ships, but I think we postponed for Part 2. Though, we'd probably be persuaded to do some work on it if your mod looks to be a big deal and could expand the reach of 0 A.D./Pyrogenesis.

Throughout our latest updates we gathered a good number of watcher and attention , does that count as a big deal :P ?

• 2 weeks later...

It's.... UPDATE TIME!

this time let's have a swim. I really adore what the creators of Pyrogenesis did with water and how many options it has. It was fun just playing with all those settings available o_O

screenshot001.jpg

screenshot002.jpg

Visby001.jpg

2013-03-30_01.jpg

kilo.jpg

Man, I really can't stop enjoying the sexiness of this water. Just give me turrets and I'll be in love.

• Like 5

Guyz, I have a totally seriuz question to ask you.

32355336.jpg

I

The unfortanatelibity of modern war is that units don't fight with parts of them i.e. tanks don't fight with axes or swords, but "exchange" each other projectiles. The curious question is where the texture maps of those projectiles should be placed. Above you see my collection of aircraft weaponry - it will belong to 6 different type of warplanes ranging from fighters to bombers. During the action the projectiles should separate themselves from their carrier vehicle. So where should I better place the map?

1) make 1 big map with all the projectiles (like 512x512)

2) place each projectile along with the carrying vehicle (torpedo with the sub, bombs with the bomber and so on) (then it will lay along with the carrier vehicle, which has a typical texture of 1024x1024)

3) make each projectile an individual tiny map (128x128 or so :P )

II

Also the only-housecolor-or-opacity thing also worries me :\ Problem is we have made a lot of buildings containing both opacity and housecolor! Each building has a texture of 2048^2. Attaching two such textures (one with opacity, second with housecolor) to every building my curtail the performance severely. What should we do?

III

Is it possible to realize a ballistic missile locomotion in 0 AD? It should first fly vertically upwards and than meet with the target via ballistic trajectory. All this should be done automatically as soon as I choose the victim of the attack.

I

The unfortanatelibity of modern war is that units don't fight with parts of them i.e. tanks don't fight with axes or swords, but "exchange" each other projectiles. The curious question is where the texture maps of those projectiles should be placed. Above you see my collection of aircraft weaponry - it will belong to 6 different type of warplanes ranging from fighters to bombers. During the action the projectiles should separate themselves from their carrier vehicle. So where should I better place the map?

1) make 1 big map with all the projectiles (like 512x512)

2) place each projectile along with the carrying vehicle (torpedo with the sub, bombs with the bomber and so on) (then it will lay along with the carrier vehicle, which has a typical texture of 1024x1024)

3) make each projectile an individual tiny map (128x128 or so :P )

It's your choice whether you have the textures all in one file or separate, it'll work either way. You should take a look at an actor that fires projectiles (like a javelinist).

II

Also the only-housecolor-or-opacity thing also worries me :\ Problem is we have made a lot of buildings containing both opacity and housecolor! Each building has a texture of 2048^2. Attaching two such textures (one with opacity, second with housecolor) to every building my curtail the performance severely. What should we do?

Do you have sections of your texture that have player color and transparency? If you don't, just separate the models into two separate files, one with faces that have player color, and one with faces with transparency, and attach one as a prop to the main actor (and set its material to what you need).

III

Is it possible to realize a ballistic missile locomotion in 0 AD? It should first fly vertically upwards and than meet with the target via ballistic trajectory. All this should be done automatically as soon as I choose the victim of the attack.

I'm pretty sure that would require changing the engine (as well as JS). :(

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean a tall curve that comes down on its target, then it shouldn't be too hard to do with just a few JS changes.

Have you had a programmer start working on adding turrets? If you do add them, I'm sure we'll be able to add them to the engine and use them ourselves. :)

• 2 weeks later...

a bit on the run at this moment, so I will be brief this time :)

I'll reply on all post later.

What important is that... I've created finally an FB page (will be bettered soon), and we made an another pack of fancy houses at your disposal:

2013-04-17_02.jpg

2013-04-17_01.jpg

2013-04-17_03.jpg

With hope of finding a proficient 0 A.D. coder - Ilves. Over.

• Like 3

I've been working on adding relative-to-prop velocity for particles so your jet effects should be improvable fairly easily in the next few days (need to get back home, get it reviewed and committed).

(I'm doing mundane tasks that could be useful to the engine while on holidays. Also slightly changed the ship decay anim to make it slightly better looking.)

Ok, people, I think this thread has outgrown itself. For the sake of comfortablity and good sense, I request the forum lords a sub-forum for the game. And after all, it's strange that we haven't yet got a larger room for discussion of our project :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...