The Egyptians

Phaedros

Ah good reads, my search fu is weak and flabby, I must improve it.

And yeah I understand that historically the Egyptians were being conquered but as one poster had said, it would still be cool to see them in the game as they do have a very unique look to their architecture as well as some pretty cool units (Chariots and such), also including Egypt would make sense in a way, it was still around, just conquered or a vassal state. ^_^

As our friends have hinted, Egypt was no longer a major power in 0 A.D.'s timeframe. So we are not thinking about ancient Egypt for 0 A.D. (Hellenistic Egypt is a remote possibility.)

However, this is a free project and people are welcome to extend it as they wish. Anyone interested in creating an Egyptian mod is free to do so.

KayEhn and Lion.Kanzen, if you could please be nicer and more welcoming to newcomers who are posting in good faith, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

In a hypotehtical FAQ, I would suggest: "I have an idea for a new civilization, or a way to modify the game. Where do I start?" Then we could mention the mods forum to check if someone is already working on the same idea, and we could link to this page for some details on modding the game. I don't think asking about Egyptians is common enough to warrant its own FAQ entry :)