Spartan female villagers...

ardvark71

Hi all...

From what I understand reading the history section in the game, the female villagers were supposed to respond to an attack by fighting back but in a game that ended a few minutes ago (playing the Spartans,) the villagers tried to walk away instead. Does anyone have an idea as to why this happened and how to fix it? :shrug:

Regards...

I have made an attempt to address this minor improvement, see the Trac ticket here. It is not yet working correctly, but perhaps someone has an idea for what the issue may be.

By the way, I opted for a ranged sling attack ability. As an alternative, a short range knife attack or something of that order would be appropriate. This is mostly a design issue. I figure both a knife and throwing (nearby?) rocks at an enemy are realistic for a busy Spartan woman. I favoured the ranged attack because close they would stand no change against a true soldier, hence fleeing would always be better than defending.

• 2 weeks later...

why not use svn? or you like to wait

SVN requires some extra manual steps and I wouldn't advice it to anyone not interested in development and testing. Setting up the dependencies, build environment and such takes time and considerable drive space. Plus, it requires manual updates all the time. Not everyone wants that :)

Apart from that, the patch mentioned cannot yet be put into SVN, because of a problem I haven't worked on yet. I'll try and come up with something soon, so it can be included in the next alpha release.

As a programmer, especially a programmer who wants to contribute to this project in the future, I really shouldn't have a problem with SVN, but right now, I just like playing the game and providing feedback and suggestions. Waiting for alphas has work for me until Alpha XI screwed up the sound for me with the new sound manager.