Entry Level Android Smartphone recommendations (my carrier is AT&T)

Over the past month I've been doing research into choosing my first smartphone. I've set a price range between $50-$100. Although I'd rather not pay $100 for a smartphone if I can avoid it.

I'm looking for recommendations and suggestions since this is my first foray into the smartphone market.

My initial research has led me to three possibility (so far) the LG Escape, The LG Nitro HD, and the Motorola Atrix HD.

I've also listed some of the information I've learned so far. Listing everything would take several pages.

I haven't been able to find many reviews on the LG Escape since it was only released this September. The LG Nitro HD only received an upgrade to ICS recently and I'm not sure if its worth buying at this point. The Atrix has been panned for having poor battery life and I hear it won't be supported six months from now.

Right now the leading candidate is the LG Escape. Despite the lack of reviews it has decent specs and doesn't require a high end data plan. My only concern is its internal storage is only 1GB. I know that I can transfer apps to the SD card but 1GB isn't much.

Thank you in advance for any pieces of advice you can provide.

P.S.: I did consider Pantec Flex at one point. However, I took it off the list because it does not have gorilla glass.

P.S. 2: If this is in the wrong section please move it