New Release: 0 A.D. Alpha 11 Kronos

Jeru

and last but not least, Christian, thanks so much for putting in so much work in making 0 A.D. accessible to German speakers. We really appreciate it. Keep up the great work! (y)

I put some new informations to the german wiki, i explain there how to enable the new graphical effects and some other things :)

http://www.0ad-portal.de/wiki/index.php?title=Konfigurationsm%C3%B6glichkeiten

This will be helpfull to the german speaking people to test the new things out :)

As a matter of fact I've trying to play with no AI players whatsoever. The game is relatively slower than the previous alpha.

Hmm that's strange, what's your operating system? When you say it's slower what do you notice, is the mouse slow, the menus slow, what's your framerate like (Alt+F), do units move jerkily in the game? How would you define the slowness? It's hard to determine from only "slow" what could be happening :) Also check the in-game profiler (F11) to see what's taking the most time.

• Like 1

I just started playing 0 AD on alpha 10 - very nice game. Updated to alpha 11, it won't load savegames from alpha 10, just crashes. Is this expected/known, or should I file a bug? Works fine if I start a new game, can save and load no problem.

This is expected, there is no compatibility in alphas since the game code, maps, units, etc... change rapidly.

• Like 1

This is expected, there is no compatibility in alphas since the game code, maps, units, etc... change rapidly.

I suspected that was the case, why I held off on filing it - not unusual with alpha builds.

Its just because the old systems savegames aren't meant to run with 11, cause 11 is a better revised version of 10 right..

So the 11 coding will be different from the 10 coding..

Thus why it won't work..

Your just going to have to start a new game :)

Already started one - I think I mentioned that already. :P Yeah, with the number of graphics changes in 11, I wasn't too surprised the old saves were incompatible. :yes: Time to delete those old saves.

Have you ever seen a place like on the Random map ''Rivers'' ,or ''Canyon''? It's this symmetry that is unrealistic.

Random worlds in general are not seen in everyday life, could be fun though :D The fact that these maps are symmetric does make those maps more balanced for all players (same starting conditions and resources), at the cost of realism. I suppose maps like that are also easier to produce by a script, which is what random maps essentially are, as compared to Scenario maps which are made by hand.

Of course, you could try your hand at a nice handcrafted map with the Atlas editor. This is probably the easiest way to contribute to 0 A.D.

I suppose maps like that are also easier to produce by a script, which is what random maps essentially are, as compared to Scenario maps which are made by hand.

it's true that making a map is very difficult ( i tried but it crashed down) but you could make them at least a bit nicer: The GoldRush map, with a lot of metal on a little hill; i could think of a metal spot at the bottom of a cliff or anything, but not nicely ON the hill.

or the acropolis with the civcenters on hill and you can only come up from the front and the back, that's for a fortress, but not if you are supposed to build a town.

But well, i'm sure you make it best to make it good. Actually there are some very good maps too!