3D Artist - Diogo Coelho

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?

Yes

Name:

Diogo Coelho

Email:

diogocoelho.ei (at) gmail (dot) com

MSN Messenger:

diogocoelho.ei (at) gmail (dot) com, (Gmail chat)

Figueira da Foz, Portugal

Availability:

6 hours but i will do my best to spend more time in this project, I'm not sure if I will be working in 6 months for now

25 (May 25, 1987 in case if you guys want to wish me happy birthday! :dead::whistling:)

I'm a student of Computer Engineering (in the School of Technology and Management of Leiria)

Skills and Experience:

I've worked 6 months with 3DS Max in my university 2 years ago, now I'm a bit rusty but I'm motivated to contribute to this project and learn to use free alternative tools

Motivation:

Have my first experience in game developing.

Personality:

I am an enthusiast for computers and FOSS, linux FTW!

Short Essay:

I hear about Wildfire Games through the newsletter of Sourceforge about 0A.D at nearly 4 months ago and I was impressed with the way the game is developed, i enjoyed the idea of creating a free multi-platform AoE squeal.

The main reason that makes me to register this forum as a contributor only now is because i know about a very ancient and abandoned monastery quite close to my place in ruins and in danger of imminent destruction. Because of this, i want to recreate the ancient monastery to "virtually" revive it in this game and let the people know more about it.

Here's some links:

Wiki Translated - http://bit.ly/wiki_seica_monastery

Facebook page with photos - http://bit.ly/Seica_Monastery

Interests and Hobbies:

When i can, I like put my gray hat a start hacking systems and programs (specially games).

I also like to be up to date of news about new technologies and free software development.

At last but not least I love to go out with my friends and the bohemian life of my University Tuna (Instituna)

Staff:

I don't know anyone here yet.

Community:

gamespy, blizzard but not much

Favorite Game:

Assassin's Creed 3 Revelations

Work Examples:

Here's some 3D stuff I have done in college http://doomineer.deviantart.com/gallery/

Edited by CrazyGangster

Welcome to the forum!

The main reason that makes me to register this forum as a contributor only now is because i know about a very ancient and abandoned monastery quite close to my place in ruins and in danger of imminent destruction. Because of this, i want to recreate the ancient monastery to "virtually" revive it in this game and let the people know more about it.

Cool idea, but note that 0 A.D. covers the time period from 500 B.C. to 500 B.C. The Mosteiro de Santa Maria de Seiça seems to be from the Middle Ages, but of course it could always be part of a cool medieval mod.

First of all, thank you guys!

I finally found some of my 3D work http://doomineer.dev...rt.com/gallery/

I've started to use 3DS-Max again and soon I will try Blender.

As I have read in other topic, I must submit the monastery model in Collada format (.dae), right? No other formats are allowed?

Edited by CrazyGangster

• 3 months later...

As I have read in other topic, I must submit the monastery model in Collada format (.dae), right? No other formats are allowed?

The game uses COLLADA for all 3D assets, but if you need to submit the model in another format (.3ds, .blend, etc.), I'm sure someone else can handle importing it for you.

Hey Diogo!

Thank you again for applying to work with us! However, right now, since we're open-source, we're using the open-art development way. What does it means? It means that you can already jump into a task at the Art Development Forum and start working and posting your results on the forums so everyone can see what you've been up to. Don't forget to take a look at our Art Design Document (although some parts are outdated)

Best of luck and I look foward to see your work!

- Daniel