Promoting 0 A.D.

fireprog

I'm trying to promote 0 A.D. as much as I can and back in January I sent a few dozen tips to OMGUbuntu about the new alpha release at that time. They did a review of 0 A.D. back then and I plan to do the same when the next alpha arrives.

I also want to reach a different audience, so I'm gonna try to have a few prolific gamers do a Let's play of 0 A.D. so it also reaches the massive indie gamer audience. Openttd for example got a huge boost when The Yogscast did a let's play of their game, those video's have 700 000 views.

Are there perhaps any other members who try to promote 0 A.D.? If yes how do you go about it?

Some spanish guy posted a poorly written post on civfanatics advocating that people check out 0 AD. It was hard to understand due to the bad english and several people make mocking comments and such about the poster and the game. A staff member luckily already knew about 0 AD and put a stop to it but that was pure luck. It could have put a lot of people off the game. I did a bit of damage control as well.

I think it's too soon to promote the game. Wait till it's finished, or at least until it get a really stable version

It will never finish ;)

Are there perhaps any other members who try to promote 0 A.D.? If yes how do you go about it?

Yep, me, got the first german fansite :) Building up a wiki now, re-launched the site a few weeks ago :)