Video Editor - Brynn

I just committed this to svn. You will need a rebuild since it is in the C++ part. Take a look at the default.config for the hotkeys and you can adjust how much pressing the hotkey changes the speed (view.scroll/zoom/rotate.speed.modifier).

Wow! Thank you! I cannot build the game myself, but if someone uploads one for Windows, I could try it.

When in a game session, click MENU in the upper right corner, then "Settings". You should get a dialog like this:

DyUXD.png

A territory border toggle has not been implemented yet, I believe.

Ah, I see. That looked like I would be turning the graphics settings down, as with the options above it. Thank you!

--Brynn

I've got the new build, and it is mostly working. It is giving a constant stream of errors about missing files in the corner, so I will check to make sure everything downloaded properly. The effects look great, especially the moving trees. I was afraid the effect would be overdone, but it is not!

One question: It was said earlier that sky could be added to maps in the editor, but I do not see how to do this? Could someone explain?

Thank you!

--Brynn

One question: It was said earlier that sky could be added to maps in the editor, but I do not see how to do this? Could someone explain?

I suspect what was meant was that you can change the texture of the sky seen in reflections (on water). I do not believe it is possible, at this point, to add a sky that is visible in the horizon etc.

I suspect what was meant was that you can change the texture of the sky seen in reflections (on water). I do not believe it is possible, at this point, to add a sky that is visible in the horizon etc.

Ah, I see.

I redownloaded the files and now the errors are gone. I am trying to get the keys for changing camera speed to work, but they don't seem to do anything.

--Brynn

The reflections skybox looks decent enough, actually. It can be enabled by adding a single line to the renderer, but it needs a recompile to work. Like they mention in that link, there's a small issue around the edges of the map, though it's not the end of the world (pun, haha).

• Like 1

The reflections skybox looks decent enough, actually. It can be enabled by adding a single line to the renderer, but it needs a recompile to work. Like they mention in that link, there's a small issue around the edges of the map, though it's not the end of the world (pun, haha).

Would it be possible for you to add that in with a .cfg toggle? The dream has always been to be able to toggle it on for e.g. screenshot purposes, so if it's not too hard to do it would be nice to have that included. Would it even be possible to toggle it on/off in-game with a hotkey?

Which ones don't do anything? At least Ctrl-Shift-S and Ctrl-Shift-R seems to work for me. With Ctrl-Shift-Z I can't see any effect.

None of them seemed to change the speed to me. I had tried to change them to something I could remember more easily, but that may have messed them up. I will have to try the default.

:o That looks great (even if one won't see it in a normal game).

It does! That sky would be really cool to have!

--Brynn

None of them seemed to change the speed to me. I had tried to change them to something I could remember more easily, but that may have messed them up. I will have to try the default.

I had to press the keys many times to see the effect, so be sure you try that - but it could also be a bug in the way keyboard input is handled.

Would it be possible for you to add that in with a .cfg toggle? The dream has always been to be able to toggle it on for e.g. screenshot purposes, so if it's not too hard to do it would be nice to have that included. Would it even be possible to toggle it on/off in-game with a hotkey?

Ok, done. Someone should check if it works, as I'm logged in remotely right now. :P

It's controlled through the "showsky" option in the config, or Alt+Z in-game. Through Javascript (or Atlas) use "renderer.showsky = true".

Ok, done. Someone should check if it works, as I'm logged in remotely right now. :P

It's controlled through the "showsky" option in the config, or Alt+Z in-game. Through Javascript (or Atlas) use "renderer.showsky = true".

There is a compile error:

In file included from ../../../source/ps/VideoMode.cpp:33:0:
../../../source/ps/GameSetup/Config.h:60:1: error: expected initializer before ‘extern’
../../../source/ps/VideoMode.cpp: In member function ‘bool CVideoMode::InitSDL()’:
../../../source/ps/VideoMode.cpp:249:19: error: ‘g_Gamma’ was not declared in this scope

It can take very nice visuals with the sky! But would be possible to remove the black square around circular maps?

I second this request, if isn't too hard, because the blackness is likely to show up accidentally in videos when the camera is moved around.

You have to hack the shaders to do that. Remove or comment out this line in binaries/data/mods/public/shaders/glsl/terrain_common.fs

color *= los;

This needs GLSL mode to make a difference, and it removes all the LOS.

Additionally, you need to modify binaries/data/mods/public/shaders/glsl/water_high.fs. Replace this line

gl_FragColor.rgb = mix(refrColor + 0.3*specular, reflColor + specular, fresnel) * losMod;

with this

gl_FragColor.rgb = mix(refrColor + 0.3*specular, reflColor + specular, fresnel);

You have to hack the shaders to do that. Remove or comment out this line in terrain_common.fs

color *= los;

This needs GLSL mode to make a difference, and it removes all the LOS.

This just make the map square, no longer circular, also water becomes black.