===[COMMITTED]=== Updating the Greek Structures

Gen.Kenobi

As seen here I decided to start working on updated Greek Models.

So, I'd like to present you the market.

cCOT7.png

yjyhv.png

As you can see it's stills pretty much Work In Progress, because I need to prop it, and because I really don't know if I'm using the right textures :P

And yes, the roofs are bad, I know.

Now I need to start working on some props to make the market alive, however I really need someone to give me the current Market's props or give me the texture used, so I can do new props.

:)

It's a mix of the original designand RoTN Ancient Greek Market combined to give the market a more epic and greek look like the other faction's markets.

Fun fact: Created while listening to Tron Legacy's Soundtrack.

What do you think?

IMO, didn't like the current market. Don't look very greek(besides the props and the fountain in the middle..hmm..maybe I can place it somewhere...**needs the model**) Only it's props. That's why I asked for the texture or for them.

I'm gonna finish this baby. Them you guys decide what to do. (There are three Greek Factions last time I checked: Helens, Spartans and Athens... plenty of room)

So, if anyone has gotten the updated textures or model files please share with me. I don't have access to the SVN right now (Personal PC's PSU is dead).

I think the current market would work well for the Spartans and the Helens because they weren't as trade-centric as Athens and would have probably have had smaller markets. Gen.Kenobi's new market could work well for Athens?

What does everyone else think?

Seriously, someone needs to update the current task list, or priority list for the next ALPHAS

Not even in the staff forums they are updated.

I think that's what http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16198 is for, though I'm sure it's all subject to change.

It's a good point though, we may have a use for multiple markets, for the different Hellenic factions. Something for the art team to decide :)

On a completely on-topic related subject (hehehe): Can someone up the newest greek textures and the current market model?

Thanks!

Well, I now believe that we should start using trac, to avoid future misunderstandings like this. Mythos's timeline-list is pretty complete, but it's mostly a summary: "Greek special buildings, Dock, etc. Delete old Greek assets and textures." It doesn't say what needs to be updated or not or what already was updated.

• Like 1

IMO, didn't like the current market. Don't look very greek(besides the props and the fountain in the middle..hmm..maybe I can place it somewhere...**needs the model**) Only it's props. That's why I asked for the texture or for them.

I'm gonna finish this baby. Them you guys decide what to do. (There are three Greek Factions last time I checked: Helens, Spartans and Athens... plenty of room)

Well, I now believe that we should start using trac, to avoid future misunderstandings like this. Mythos's timeline-list is pretty complete, but it's mostly a summary: "Greek special buildings, Dock, etc. Delete old Greek assets and textures." It doesn't say what needs to be updated or not or what already was updated.

The timeline is purposefully vague so the art team members can do what they want (since I'm attempting to bow out here, but like Michael Corleone trying to leave the Mafia, WFG keeps pulling me back in). However, you must be judicious. Ask yourself, is the market building you designed here actually "better" looking than the existing one? Greek "markets" were basically just open areas with tents, market stalls, shops, etc., located in the center of town. So, in that sense, the existing market is already pretty realistic.

Merged both markets. It's big, but in my humble view, it looks quite nice, at least it looks more like other factions's markets...

Haters gonna hate :P Lovers gonna love :P

Well, anyways, it's a done model that can be used somewhere else, if not as a market, maybe as a campaign structure. You guys decide what to do with it. I am done. (At least quite done, not sure what to scale down, if scale down, whatever)

NFndR.png

pocZA.png

• Like 1

Well, I just realized I don't need to be uploading them anyways hahaha. You can get them off of trac. Here's the link for the fortress mesh (updated just after I uploaded that. Blender compatability update, it didn't change the structure.) Download link is at the bottom of the page.

Props turn out to be in the props folder. Here they are.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/meshes/props/hele_fortress_shields.dae

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/meshes/props/hele_fortress_gate.dae

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/meshes/props/hele_fortress_props.dae

Anyways, can someone rename the topic to "Updating the Greeks". Since there's no point for me to be creating several topics for each Greek Structure that I update.

You should be able to do that yourself. Click 'Edit' on the OP, then 'Use full editor'.