garrison units in allied buildings

mimo

it would be nice to be able to garrison units in allied towers or fortress, to be able to support an allied under attack.

may-be, a system of priorities would be necessary, i.e. the owner of the building has priority and if he wants to add some units in a building which has already allied units, these allied units are automatically unloaded such that the max allowed number of units is not exceeded

mimo

I was thinking about this matter a while ago, but instead being able to build defensive structures (at the least) within allied territory. I've been using wooden outposts but they can't really cut it against large armies, and they become completely ineffective once the enemy has made it deeper inside the territory as they are too far away, outside the borders.

An alternative but similar idea I had was that any adjoining territories between allies would become shared. (That is, each ally would be able to build in those territories connected to theirs.)

But regardless, I do think that co-operative play could benefit from any of the ideas mentioned so far.

If we had more diplomacy options, then I would support this. eg:

Economic Alliance: May trade with allied player, gather in their territory, build dropsites/houses/fields in their territory.

Military Alliance: May build military buildings in allied territory, may garrison in allied structures.

Yeah, once we have in-game diplomacy, I would expect one or both of these features to be implemented. I know we've at least discussed the "building in allied territory" concept before. We can flush out the concept of diplomacy and make something far more interesting than a simple ally/enemy stsnce (like AoE/AoK).