RANDOM MAPS: Suggestions, Bug reports and Ideas about random maps here.

On 07/05/2023 at 1:48 PM, real_tabasco_sauce said:
46 },
47 "Gaia": {
48 "tree1": "gaia/tree/fir_winter",
49 "tree2": "gaia/tree/fir_winter",
50 "tree3": "gaia/tree/temperate_winter",
51 "tree4": "gaia/tree/fir_winter",
52 "tree5": "gaia/tree/temperate_winter",
53 "fruitBush": "gaia/fauna_deer",
54 "chicken": "gaia/fauna_chicken",
55 "mainHuntableAnimal": "gaia/fauna_deer",
56 "secondaryHuntableAnimal": "gaia/fauna_deer",
57 "fish": "gaia/fish/generic",
58 "stoneLarge": "gaia/rock/polar_02",
59 "stoneSmall": "gaia/rock/alpine_small",
60 "metalLarge": "gaia/ore/polar_01",
61 "metalSmall": "gaia/ore/temperate_small"
62 },

I see that the berry spawns on gulf of bothnia frozen lake are instead deer. Was this intended? I guess it makes things seem more 'harsh' of an environment, but I would say this is holding back the multiplayer potential of the map.

I'd rather it just be berries.

It was intentional to ensure a different start to the map. Personally, I think it adds variety to make different types of maps have different starts and to make the player adapt. I won't even mention that berries in the middle of a frozen wasteland don't make any sense. Oops! I did mention it. ;) 

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

It was intentional to ensure a different start to the map. Personally, I think it adds variety to make different types of maps have different starts and to make the player adapt. I won't even mention that berries in the middle of a frozen wasteland don't make any sense. Oops! I did mention it. ;) 

I was sure to use the "Cold" berries.:D

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4990

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

Much improved migration script.

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D5129

Use radial spawning so that players may be either grouped with their team or spread out.
Use space more efficiently: larger islands, more spacious islands. Main 'continent' is located in the center.
Fix player islands merging with higher player counts (even on medium map size)
Make starting islands larger and give them wood. Reason: players should not be forced to leave their home island, but instead decide a good time to leave to fight for control over the middle.
Savannah generation gets 1 group of main huntable animal since there is little wood, giving the biome a considerable effect on gameplay, depending on the animal.

Spoiler

screenshot0005.thumb.png.ac441dbccae280efbcdc7e52386696ce.pngscreenshot0007.thumb.png.7f73fa31dfdd5a657f8dc7fd5e78d32d.pngscreenshot0006.thumb.png.c8aa507ab5e44933810227c215e274b5.png

• Like 1

On 10/09/2023 at 2:17 PM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

K they are all fixed, as far as I can tell for a26 and a27. Since the secondary animal for savannah is an elephant, its not super great at balancing those, but it is no more than 400/500 food res difference.

Maybe just see if you find any issues first.balancedmapsbyBAD.zip

@andy5995 are you still heading up the git for the community maps mod? Any chance you could update it with this? It works for a26 and a27. I also asked @badosu directly on mod.io but I doubt he will respond.

• 5 weeks later...
On 16/09/2023 at 3:51 PM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

@andy5995 are you still heading up the git for the community maps mod? Any chance you could update it with this? It works for a26 and a27. I also asked @badosu directly on mod.io but I doubt he will respond.

@real_tabasco_sauceRight now I'm only reviewing pull requests (I would have replied sooner, but didn't get any email notification that you pinged me).

2 hours ago, andy5995 said:

@real_tabasco_sauceRight now I'm only reviewing pull requests (I would have replied sooner, but didn't get any email notification that you pinged me).

Well, it all works for a26 at least. If you have time, it probably wouldn't be too hard to update. If not, I'll figure out how to send a pull request your way.

• 3 months later...