3D Artist application

Position: 3d Artist

Do you understand that WildfireGamesis a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D.is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work forWildfireGames under Creative Common sAttribution Share-Alike license

Yes

Name

Ashton Micheal Ardoin

Email:

I can provide 3 different ones, ashtonardoin@gmail.com, doctortf2@gmail.com, and doctertf2@gmail.com, my main email account is doctortf2@gmail.com

MSN Messenger:

N/A if you want a messenger service, I use steam more than any kind of program.

Alexandria, Louisiana (USA)

Availability:

As many as needed, until I start school again, then I'll have about 3 hours per night for contribution. If you need a number of hours on average for the summer vacation days, as many as 40 per week, or more if needed.

15 years of age.

Unemployed due to age. Gaming and friends keep me busy.

Skills and Experience:

I have 2 years experience with 3d art,and I have some novice experience with animation, as I love to animate characters, and the such.

Motivation:

I have loved games all my life, and I absolutely love the Strategy-RTS genre of games. I could spend hours on hours in Age of Empires, Civilization, Empire Earth, and many more. I do love history, the era that I enjoy to appreciate the most is the medieval era, so I'm really into the setting of this game, the only part of the setting that I don't like is the fact that flintlock weaponry does not exist in 0 A.D. and that's fine because I still love Roman style, weaponry and overall style.

Personality:

I see myself as a guy who is fun to be around, comedic and all around good guy, although I can be a bit annoying around very close friends as I tend to be completely myself around people I know closely.

Short Essay:

I found out about Wildfire games just the other day, through 0 A.D. Regrettably, I've never heard of Wildfire games beforehand, but you guys do seem to be a very nice studio. The thing that motivates me to be a part of this project is the fact that this is basically my dream game (apart from no flintlock weaponry) and I would absolutely love to be a part of it. What I seek to get out of this is, my dream game completed.

Interests and Hobbies:

I play games. TF2, Mount and Blade, Age of Empires, Civilization, and Terraria are some of the biggest hitters on my games list. My hobbies have primarily been focused around 3d modeling, as I'm trying to focus on whether or not I should go professional.

Staff:

As I've mentioned, this is the first I've heard of Wildfire games, and unless I unknowningly know one, as I do know some prominent people, in my opinion, I do not know any.

Community:

Facepunch.

Favorite Game:

I don't really have a favorite game, but the closest thing to it is Team Fortress 2.

Work Examples:

M602.png2012-03-18_1615.pnguzkaF.pngsuap2.png

My main work is that of weapons (and recently armor) as I am regrettably not the best at human(oid) modeling. My modeling software is Blender. Texture on the Ballista for the Sniper is not mine. The colors on the Roman Armor is just tinting inside Blender.

Hello and thank you for your application (y) You mention animation, how much animation experience do you have? Any of it that is good enough to show us? ;) I'm just asking since animation is where most work is needed, so if you could provide any assistance there it would be great :) Modeling/texturing is very useful as well of course, so don't worry in either case :)

Have you had a chance to look through: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Modding_Guide and most specifically the page linked to at the bottom of that page with more information on how to get an object from e.g. Blender into the game?

Animation experience? That really depends on how simple the skeleton and/or the animation is.

With a simple skeleton, I can do pretty well.

This was for an animation I was making for a server that closed before I could finish. The skeleton was kinda weird so it was hard to control, but I managed. I've gotten a little better but even that may not be enough for you guys. I really feel I can give some top quality animation if you give me the chance, because the only thing motivating me to make the server an animation was the laughs we'd get from watching the video. I have not played 0 A.D. (to its full extent anyhow, my computer right now is kinda crappy, I'll be getting back on my main computer, in 1-3 days.), so I do not know how to mod it, but if you're looking for modding experience (although maybe not on the right engine), I've spent most of the 2 years of my modeling experience in Team Fortress 2 modding.

Also, I cannot post a third video, so here is a link to an animation of mine, 1) out of my element, in blender, instead of 3ds max and to be clear, my first animation IN blender, and 2) with a much more complex skeleton than those of the minecraft ones. Although, it's almost a year old, I still think it's pretty good.

Edited by Eeshton