My friends... the time has come.

Are there any Total War games that run well on a computer with 512 MB of RAM? I have been trying to broaden my horizons since mainstream RTS has taken major loses in creative vision in recent years, with games like 0 A.D. being the exception to this trend.

Are there any Total War games that run well on a computer with 512 MB of RAM? I have been trying to broaden my horizons since mainstream RTS has taken major loses in creative vision in recent years, with games like 0 A.D. being the exception to this trend.

I'm afraid not, unless you want to try the 15 year old Shogun:Total War or maybe the first Medieval:Total War.

WOW there is a big war going on in the comment page of the lead designer interview :

Apparently it seems that two groups are fighting : pro-celts and anti celts.

Some ignorants are bashing on the celts, stating they were more primitive than the other civilization of that time they are even in the top comment sections. I hope Rome 2 won't have this stereotypical and inaccurate depiction of the antiquity civs they had in vanilla rome 1 : pharaonic egyptians, flaming pigs legions , unwashed barbarians in the north...

I'm not sure if I should create an account and take part in the war :P .

Why not all of us go and take the side of the historical accuracy, time to defend the image of those... ''barbarians'' . :)

Yep this I agree. This chain mail propagated to the other civs. Yet the fact that they invented chain mails means that they were pretty much the experts when it came to smithing so they still forged better quality equipement. However not every celtic warrior had access to them since their armies lacked the organisation of other civlizations of that time, so there was never any rigorous plan to equip everybody. However like everyone today has their grandfather gun hanging around in a basement, every celts had some old weapons lying around in their houses, coming from someone in the family who was a warrior.

Yep this I agree. This chain mail propagated to the other civs. Yet the fact that they invented chain mails means that they were pretty much the experts when it came to smithing so they still forged better quality equipement. However not every celtic warrior had access to them since their armies lacked the organisation of other civlizations of that time, so there was never any rigorous plan to equip everybody. However like everyone today has their grandfather gun hanging around in a basement, every celts had some old weapons lying around in their houses, coming from someone in the family who was a warrior.

Good (riveted) chainmail where in general rare because it was expensive to get and to maintain. The most available (and used) armor in any age (until armor became pretty useless) was the scale mail while the materials used differed by region and culture. Even most plates where cheaper than good (riveted) chainmail.

Edited by FeXoR

For a moment I thought that the trailer was in CG. My jaw dropped - I spent quite some time viewing the scenes, the dog's fur -, but them I saw it was live-action.

And I was just: Okay_guy.jpg hahahaha.

But yes, it will be a nice game. The main and only flaw in both Empire and Napoleon was that we couldn't have colonial empires, I would love to have a Brazilian Empire - war of tripple alliance, but not even with modding it was possible . The trading was just meh.

The best Rome game for me was Caesar III. It is to be born an awesome game like that. But yeah, Total War games are good, sometimes even epic, but...

• 1 month later...