Horse animations

Barstar

Horses were used in warfare because they are great fighters even without a rider, giving the horse models a "stomp" animation (horses fight by stomping their front legs on the enemy) in combat and a proper canter animation during movement will improve the atmosphere of the game significantly.

Minor request of sorts (I'm sure it's been mentioned by the team too), let's hear your thoughts on things.

Horses were used in warfare because they are great fighters even without a rider, giving the horse models a "stomp" animation (horses fight by stomping their front legs on the enemy) in combat and a proper canter animation during movement will improve the atmosphere of the game significantly.

That would be so *awsum*. Does the game engine have all the functionality to support this? What would some of the requirements be for these types of animation?

Horses are due to be remodeled and animated, but adding missing animations is higher priority.

Are there .dae files for the horses yet or are they still .pmd/.psa files? If so, I'd like to get those exported as .dae files. Making a horse stomping animation wouldn't be to difficult with the existing models. Adding more geometry to the existing models would be easy as well.

Are there .dae files for the horses yet or are they still .pmd/.psa files? If so, I'd like to get those exported as .dae files. Making a horse stomping animation wouldn't be to difficult with the existing models. Adding more geometry to the existing models would be easy as well.

AFAIK they all use horse.pmd. It can't be converted to a proper DAE because there's no skeleton data (it was exported directly from Max? to PMD/PSA). There's a bunch of horse .max files in art SVN though.

I think Amish's new model is a big improvement though ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...