How does one make a statue the easy way?

Ok, got Blender and learned the very basics... Here is my model at the moment:

FAiSi.png

It desperately needs some beautification... I am thinking of four statues, but i would like to ask if there is an easy way to make them.

In Bryce i would use the symmetrical latice object, and load an image onto it. But here i am not sure how it is done.

ps: sorry for the second thread, the other one was about 3ds max while now i am set to learn Blender :)

Edited by Kyriakos

Don't know about the easiest way but what i did here was just poly editing. just like the way you made the temple.

th_Ra.png

You'll never hear me say making models is easy. You just need patience and practice.

And maybe there is a way to do it with that other program and import it. or possibly blender has a way of his own. but this will give the best results in low-poly.

My path in lowpoly hoplite models. Crossing 2 years of experience for sure.

HopliteEvolvement.jpg

Don't stop! just go on. just try something. you don't like it? try better. Or just go on with another idea, i'm sure you have plenty!

Your model there looks great. makes me think of age of empires 1 ! Just not really sure about the grass beneath it. its to large.

Never give up!

You can scale multiple at the time by just selecting them while holding shift or use the selection box

you can give diffrent objects the same material. instead of clicking on Add New you click on the little sphere left from it and select the same texture

You can put models in groups with [Ctrl] + [G].

and merge objects together with [Ctrl] + [J].

You can find tuts everywere, just look around the web.

Google is your friend!

if find this site very intresting

http://www.blenderguru.com/

You have to look yourself though. there are expirenced and less experienced tutorials.

I think this one is a simple one:

http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/how-to-create-realistic-outdoor-lighting

I've watched all of them. but be sure to also actually Do some of them.

What about Blender's sculpting tools? http://wiki.blender....ing/Sculpt_Mode

Might be more natural for shaping organic forms.

This. That's definitely the fastest way to create complex-shaped, non-animated models like statues, etc. In Blender, you can first get the basic shape by sculpting, then you can apply the Decimate modifier to reduce the poly count and finally tweak the low poly mesh to get exactly what you need.

This. That's definitely the fastest way to create complex-shaped, non-animated models like statues, etc. In Blender, you can first get the basic shape by sculpting, then you can apply the Decimate modifier to reduce the poly count and finally tweak the low poly mesh to get exactly what you need.

Yeah it is, but it's probably also the one that requires the most skill and practice ;)

So i advice to go with the poly-editing first and learn the rest when the time is there