UI scaling

smilzoboboz

The game is really great, actually what I waited for, for years (since AoE) but I'm on a very-low-end machine and I can run "smoothly" the game only at low resolutions (800x600 and less).

Now, with that resolutions the large UI makes the game almost unplayable. My suggestions is to have the UI scale for resolution heights less than 768 proportionally (but keep it same size for resultions above 1024x768).

Hope you can do something for that :) .

The game is really great, actually what I waited for, for years (since AoE) but I'm on a very-low-end machine and I can run "smoothly" the game only at low resolutions (800x600 and less).

Now, with that resolutions the large UI makes the game almost unplayable. My suggestions is to have the UI scale for resolution heights less than 768 proportionally (but keep it same size for resultions above 1024x768).

Hope you can do something for that :) .

How low end is the machine you are referring?

If runs slow should add more rams

However might also require to adjust the graphic card and monitor size to solve most low res problem.

I used 1024x768 res since early pentium as I can remember

Edited by majapahit