Mouse Cursor disappearing in Fullscreen in Windows 7

Zeta1127

I recently installed Alpha 10 on a Windows 7 laptop to see how well it would run, and the mouse cursor disappears in fullscreen, but still works if you can figure out where it is pointing. I know this is also a problem with some other games and Windows 7 too. I mentioned this in the GUI thread, but it seems to have been overlooked.

Edited by Zeta1127

I recently installed Alpha 10 on a Windows 7 laptop to see how well it would run, and the mouse cursor disappears in fullscreen, but still works if you can figure out where it is pointing. I know this is also a problem with some other games and Windows 7 too. I mentioned this in the GUI thread, but it seems to have been overlooked.

Try adding this line into a local.cfg file:

nohwcursor = true

Here's more information about creating the local config file: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Manual_Settings

Try adding this line into a local.cfg file:

nohwcursor = true

Here's more information about creating the local config file: http://trac.wildfire...Manual_Settings

Hmm, it would still be nice to know why the hardware cursor is failing to display. Setting nohwcursor to true will cause cursor lag because it's tied into the renderer instead of the OS.

• 11 months later...

Don't worry about it, the laptop that this issue was happening on is an HP Touchsmart that had its broken touchscreen replaced with a conventional screen, its been having graphics driver issues with the ATI Radeon HD 3200 that I haven't been able to resolve, and it apparently doesn't have full OpenGL 2.0 support (like my parent's computer that has the nVidia GeForce 4200 Ti), so I am not even going to bother trying to play 0 A.D. on it.

Edited by Zeta1127

• 8 years later...