Teamspeak Community for Multiplayer 0 A.D.

Sighvatr

Hey guys! I've been wondering if anybody has made an attempt into creating a location, place, or space concerning a place for the 0 A.D. community to chill out and play some Multiplayer games. Apparently I have not found any large attempts into creating such of a place; so I bothered my TS3 Server Admin into lending me a channel section for this community to meet and play 0 A.D. Multiplayer games. Do me a favor and show up to this TeamSpeak. Presently, we get an active community whom plays 0 A.D. from 7:00pm EST to late. Do join with or with out microphone!

Download TeamSpeak 3 Client here- http://www.teamspeak...?page=downloads

Address to TS3 channel- 8.9.4.38:9154

There is no password to this channel. When joined, look for the channel section labeled as "0 A.D." and go to the Lobby. Please do not interupt other players in the game channels. Please do not troll, otherwise we will kick/ban. Please do not spam the "Poke" function and spam the teamspeak chatrooms. We do not tolerate intolerance. Also do not play music or sing in the microphone. If you need to borrow the private game channel, ask a server admin- currently just me (Sighvatr). The private channel password will be changed after every few uses.

If you and your buddies are not able to connect to one another using Multiplayer, I suggest checking out Hamachi. You can create a virtual private network for you and your buddies to connect to. It is completely free and quick to download. I do reccomend you download this program, because there are people whom can only play Multiplayer with Hamachi.

Hamachi Download- http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/

Again, please join our TeamSpeak channel and play some Multiplayer games. We are an open and friendly community.

Hey guys! I've been wondering if anybody has made an attempt into creating a location, place, or space concerning a place for the 0 A.D. community to chill out and play some Multiplayer games. Apparently I have not found any large attempts into creating such of a place;

We have the #0ad channel on QuakeNet (irc://irc.quakenet.org/0ad , looks like our forum software don't supports IRC URL's), there is always some developers/community members active and new users can easily access it via the "IRC" button on the 0 A.D.'s main menu, so they occasionally appear there too.

The wind blown sands grace the city walls.

farmers bend their backs under an oak tree bough,

While fighters born, stoop ore the plough.

The sands speak of chaos,

Battles without end.

wars to impend.

Straighten your spine,

And ready your spear,

For battle, is here!

• Like 1

The wind blown sands grace the city walls.

farmers bend their backs under an oak tree bough,

While fighters born, stoop ore the plough.

The sands speak of chaos,

Battles without end.

wars to impend.

Straighten your spine,

And ready your spear,

For battle, is here!

Welcome to the 0AD community.

I don't get how your post fits here but am quite sure it makes sense to you ;)

• 1 year later...

It would still be awesome to have a stable community of people willing to play in multiplayer. It may not be a long running thing as there will probably be a lobby implemented into the game som time soon, but still I don't see what is a problem creating a room on TS, hamachi or at lease some official multiplayer IRC channel. I go to the IRC channel but I barely get any response there as poeple seem to be there for dev stuff. Please do something about this so we can enjoy the awesome game until it gets the official lobby.

Thanks for the great game!

official multiplayer IRC channel.

Like #0ad? :P

(It's meant for multiplayer stuff, although yes, occasionally some dev talk happens. Still, the real problem is that nobody wants to play.)

The problem is not that we don't provide a way for players to communicate, it's that there are very few people wanting to play multiplayer. :( Compounding the problem is time zones; when most American players want to play the European players are asleep.

If some TeamSpeak or Hamachi stuff increases participation, I'd say go for it!

Also, the lobby will probably be in soon, like Alpha 14 or Alpha 15.

Well, the Thebans aren't in yet, but are planned to be at the least an Atlas-only civilization to my knowledge, though I personally don't see why they shouldn't be playable, since they can share a lot of stuff like all of the other Helenic civilizations do and could be just as unique as the others.

Edited by Zeta1127

Well I was wondering since there are Thracian blackcoats.

I loved the descriptions of the other Greeks that are now "cut". I'm a sucker for "underdog" factions.

Celts, Germanic tribes (planned for part 2), Scythians and Pontus.

Yeah I kind of want the whole ancient world, sorry for that.

Obviously there is already a lot of work to do. I hope the release of the mod will inspire many people to contribute and in a few years after the release of 0 A.D., 0 A.D. is more than a game but some sort of atlas of the Ancient world.

The Sacred Band of Thebe is already in the game, just open up Atlas and search for thebe in the objects tab ;)

I was kind of expecting them in the Atlas, but went through all units and I when I did that I did not find them.

Or I might not remember them.

My bad!

Will check it out.