Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Jason. I am a high-school student at a high school that follows a "classical curriculum"-- this means that we have to take at least two years of Ancient Greek or Latin, and our studies are focused around the history, culture, and literature of classical civilizations. A few members of our school's community have expressed interest in 0 AD and some, including myself, already play it and enjoy it very much! I have been following 0 AD for a while now-- I think I started following it around Alpha 3 or 4, and I have loved it ever since. I am especially interested in the great depictions of the Persian, Hellenic, and Carthaginian civilizations and the use of the Ancient Greek language in the game (I am learning Ancient Greek along with Arabic outside of my school). I also speak Spanish fluently. I look forward to seeing this game progress more and more as time goes on-- with each new release I find myself playing the game more and more! I could praise this game all day long! I hope to help out in some way, however I do not know how to program nor am I very artistic. I could, maybe, help research, but my school work limits the amount of time I can spend on this for now :unhappy: . Also, feel free to message me about anything related to Near Eastern history or languages-- I love those too and my love for the Ancient Near East is what drew me to this game in the first place!

Sincerely,

Atenmeses52 (Jason)

• Like 1

Welcome, Jason!

I am a public high school teacher in Israel and I found your description of your school intriguing. Is your school private? Particularly selective? How are students motivated to learn about the cultures and languages of old?

Is your school private? Particularly selective? How are students motivated to learn about the cultures and languages of old?

Hello Jeru,

Yes, our school is private, but it is not particularly selective-- you need to pass an entrance exam (SSAT-- more information at http://www.ssat.org/ssat/info/home.html) and write out an application complete with recommendations from parents, teachers, and extra-curricular activity coordinators to get in. Most students don't need to be motivated to learn the languages-- a fair number of them have already had prior knowledge of Latin or Ancient Greek and place into a Sophomore or even Junior level class in Freshman year! Also, there is almost no limit to learning in most fields at my high school because it is affiliated with Boston University, a major research university. We eat and study at BU-- This summer I might take a course in basic Middle Egyptian (the language of the Ancient Egyptian Middle Kingdom). There are many classes to choose from, so those who enjoyed the classics in Freshman and Sophomore years often continue to study them at BU in Junior and Senior year. For more information, see our official website: http://www.bu.edu/academy/ If anyone else has questions about the Academy, please feel free to ask me via PM.

Thanks for asking!

Jason

• Like 1