Hello and a request!

Hi!

I've been following 0ad for a while now and love where it's going!

I am also a fan of the community - it's great to see people so enthusiastic!

I was wondering if there is anyone on here that likes fantasy novels (think Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones). I have been creating my own fantasy novel for a while and was hoping someone might like to read a bit of it to give me some feedback? Its very unedited currently, but I'd love to know what other people thought of it! Anyone interested at all?

Thanks

Joel

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4696046/Chapter%20One.pdf

This is Chapter One. The rest that I have written is available only by request. :)

Edited by J-Dx

I've got 37 very roughly typed (A5). I'm currently re-writing the start as it's changed rather a lot since I started. I have a lot more handwritten that I'm slowly typing up.

Its the culmination of a whole host of short stories and ideas I've written and put down since my GCSE English creative writing assignment! The story in question was just going to be another short one but its taken a life of its own and looks like it may become quite long!

Edited by J-Dx

You can't yet. (Though since it doesn't seem too likely that you are a spam bot I'll go ahead and enable it for you already :) Otherwise you'd have to post one more post to be able to use the PM function, we figure if you have posted five posts and not gotten caught for spamming you're probably not ever going to spam :) But we have had problems with spam bots sending PM spam in the past, so that's why it's not enabled for new users.)

I'm not sure whether .odt/.doc is a valid extension, probably best to include it in a zip file in either case though :)

Thank you for the welcom Pureon!

You had best tell me how to PM you, and what would be the easiest way to get it on the web? Can you attach .odt documents (or .doc if need be!) to the PMs?

I suggest you export it as a PDF rather than providing ODT or DOC files. You should also include some copyright details on it if you're planning to send it out to people you don't know (including me). :)

If you don't already have a Dropbox account, you could create one and use that to upload your file.

I suggest you export it as a PDF rather than providing ODT or DOC files. You should also include some copyright details on it if you're planning to send it out to people you don't know (including me). :)

If you don't already have a Dropbox account, you could create one and use that to upload your file.

I will definitely add some copyright details. I did have a template for a non-disclosure form for when I showed some people a board game I had created, but not sure if that's going a bit far for a story!

I did have a Dropbox account (when I was using Windows!) and haven't tried to use it on Ubuntu. Might give that a shot.

Do people want to read it as it is or shall I edit a little first?

Over the last few days I have been trying to organise Chapter One. When that is done I'll let people have a read and see what they think.

I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I'll never be fully happy with it! Hopefully I'll be happy enough with the first chapter in a day or so!

I've sent out a few links to people! Let me know that the links work and that you can access the file! For the record it's entirely my own creation and I've sent them for private reading only! Copyright and all rights remain with me!

Legal stuff aside, hope you enjoy the read and I'm looking forward to some feedback (slightly nervous! Not many people have ever read my work!)!

If you want a read and haven't been sent the link, please feel free to ask!

Edited by J-Dx

Six pages into Chapter Two now (going through all I've already written and editing it!).

Has anyone read Chapter One for those that I sent the link to?

Edit: Chapter Two is now finished!

Edited by J-Dx