Graphics and other

Vlad123

So: since no one answers me if we see another post on this head ....

1) the game is heavy! YES in'oltre slowly drain goes to a few, because only few people have computers powerful!

2) Make new units or buildings in isometric mode is much easier and faster!

3) The game would be played by more people and would receive more donations!

4) Many people see only a white background and black figures .... This reinforces the option 1.

5) To develop the game using the computer too powerful! Reduce the power of the base game!

6) There are a Software house of games! You do not have to impress the graphics! Many people complain, "For once you find a decent game on linux is too powerful! And then, I do not work: ("

So would you prefer to continue to play a game with 3D graphics, but that will be played by very few people. Or do you prefer an isometric game to be played by most of the world?

If you want other negative comments (and there are many), I copy them there ....

SI però, molta gente non può giocare a questo bellissimo gioco(nemmeno io, e molta gente di linux si lamenta perchè avendo trovato un gioco decente per linux non può giocarci perchè troppo potente) perchè è troppo potente! io chiedo solo di renderlo meno potente dal punto di vista grafico!

YES, however, many people can not play this great game (even I, and many people complain because of linux having found a decent game for linux can not play because they are too powerful) because it is too powerful! I ask you only to make it less powerful in terms of graphics!

Its not a graphics issue. If anything I want more graphics. Its nice to have a game on linux that finally looks good (Nice real 3d). If you want isometric play a different game. As was pointed out the current issues with lag have to do with pathfinding and the ai. Both are currently being worked on. You can see the difference if you start a random map and set the players to unassigned.

• Like 1

The problem with lag and high CPU load it's the pathfinding algorithm and because the game it isn't split in threads to use the power of two, four or more cores than nowadays computers have. But before split game parts into threads it's importante focus on implement new things and new features on the game.

Vlad123, as we've told you both in the other thread and other times before: we will not change the game from 3D to 2D. For many reasons as have been listed several times already. It just won't happen. As all the art is available under a CC-BY-SA license it's possible for someone else to do it though, so if anything you could try to gather support for that.

THE license is open source, right!? You can do whatever you want! In'oltre are not many who have a powerful processor or graphics sheda high quality! I'm not asking the world! in'oltre I keep saying that to add new units / buildings is better than the isometric 3D!

THE license is open source, right!? You can do whatever you want! In'oltre are not many who have a powerful processor or graphics sheda high quality! I'm not asking the world! in'oltre I keep saying that to add new units / buildings is better than the isometric 3D!

the license is open source so YOU ARE FREE to change the code to run isometric graphic

la licenza è open source, quindi puoi benissimo modificare (o trovare qualcuno che lo faccia per te) il codice per rendere la grafica del gioco isometrica... ma il team, al momento, non è interessato a farlo

Excellent post apocalypse game! I love the massive tech tree ^^

A much simpler fantasy RTS game would be Glest.

Both are 3D so I'm not sure if they work for you.

ops... i missed that he wants isometric games :kid:

btw, MegaGlest is actively developed, Glest not anymore :wink2:

• 3 weeks later...

The problem with lag and high CPU load it's the pathfinding algorithm and because the game it isn't split in threads to use the power of two, four or more cores than nowadays computers have. But before split game parts into threads it's importante focus on implement new things and new features on the game.

So there aren't any threads at all? Because things like individual animations of elements of the scene should be done in threads. Hell, I wasn't able to do even a simple briscola without using threads.

But are there ways to reduce lag?

Edited by D.U.P.A.

I think its still running in fairly acceptable speed.

Should list cpu+os+graphics specs so we will know what is the lowest specs for comfortable game sessions (not just the minimum requirement for running the game)

Perhaps some map and more players need different specs with smaller maps and fewer players and so on.

Or perhaps a low-med-high detail options to turn of shadows, etc.

On my younger days, this was the king of games. O the need of one more Hz on the processor, where Megabytes still science fiction :troutslap:

2645ee0.png

Edited by majapahit