Please vote for 0 A.D. on Sourceforge Project of the Month!

Jeru

Holy crap!

We won!!!

A huge pat on the back goes to Kieran for his initiative and leadership in this event. Hat's off.

The last tweets of the race read like a professional PR release and will be re-used in the new website. What an effective use of data to support your arguments.

• Like 1

We won SourceForge's June Project of the Month poll!

It was neck and neck for days with Sourcefabric's Newscoop, a FOSS CMS for news websites, but finally, after a hair-raising run for the finish by both contenders, we won by 3 votes (527 to 524)!

This means 0 A.D. will get featured on SourceForge's blog and mailing list, lending the project high visibility among a new audience of FOSS developers. Reaching out to such large, technically minded audiences like these is very important for the project, to attract new contributors and speed up the game's development.

Thanks to the hundreds of our dedicated fans who voted, and a courteous hat tip to Newscoop, for putting up a great fight and for their excellent sportsmanship.

• Like 2

:-) It was neck and neck till about 5 minutes to go when we pull ahead by 7, and by the last minut, Newscoop caught up a bit.

I was shaking when the poll closed. Refreshed and pow, big sigh of relief :-) Another 5 minutes and Newscoop probably would have won it.

I can't take credit for the whole "Reason to vote" 1-16. I borrowed the idea from Newscoop, but we (myself and people in IRC) did come up with the different unique points :-)

We may have lost a few Twitter followers from the bulk tweets, but I think it was worth it :-)

Well done everyone! :-)

The next step is figuring out which two or three people will be on Sourceforge's audio recording. Probably best to have Michael as the art rep, Philip if he can spare the time, and Erik as project lead.

Yeah, probably will lose a few followers. If a twitter user who already has an account hadn't voted by the 10th reason, they probably weren't going to vote. I think the retweeted things related to the poll were more interesting to twitter followers. I definitely was interested in others comments on the poll, but not so much about a 17th reason. ;)

I do think winning will help this project's visibility.

Source Fabric benefits also considering how well they did. I actually checked their project out; I didn't really check the others out. Congratulations to them for a great competition and for being so gracious about the result.