Minor suggestions for next version.

Sef

Been playing alpha 10 for a bit now and it's really good but thought i would suggest some minor features that would make the game that little better. :rtfm:

- Ability to change the colour of my team

- Few more girl sound effects instead of the same "sigh"

- Tool tips should have colour coded resources: food = red

stone = pale grey

metal = mustard colour

Population = blue?

or maybe make resources show red if you don't have enough and green if you do.

- Option to turn off sounds.

- Skirmish option to choose 2 AI to fight each-other while i spectate. Or in other words a spectate option.

- Skirmish option to set population limit.

- Skirmish to set starting resources.

- Skirmish option to set the starting tech.

- Music to play all songs instead of the same one.

that is all i got for now. :wink_kiss:

the colors resources i think is unnecessary

well it would be good if the player could set their civilization to their favorite color (you could do that in EE1's expansion and in EE2, but only in scenarios for vanilla EE1), but i agree that its unnecessary right now

- Option to turn off sounds.

- Skirmish option to choose 2 AI to fight each-other while i spectate. Or in other words a spectate option.

To disable sound you can launch the game from the command line using

./pyrogenesis -quickstart

To watch AI's playing you can launch using

./pyrogenesis -quickstart -autostart="Oasis" -autostart-ai=1:qbot -autostart-ai=2:qbot

Where Oasis is the map name.

Sound options will be added at some point, but for now this is a decent workaround.

well it would be good if the player could set their civilization to their favorite color (you could do that in EE1's expansion and in EE2, but only in scenarios for vanilla EE1), but i agree that its unnecessary right now

As a workaround for now you can always set up your favorite color in Atlas (just run the random map or open and save an existing map with another name, and change the color in case you don't want to create an entire map just to be able to change the player color :) ).

- Ability to change the colour of my team

I wouldn't mind this being more easily configurable, either as part of the player's game "profile" or being selectable before matches. Currently we store the color in the scenario data itself or else use hardcoded defaults (player_defaults.json).

- Tool tips should have colour coded resources

or maybe make resources show red if you don't have enough and green if you do.

We should be careful with how we use colored text in the UI. If we want to make each resource type stand out clearly, we could use icons instead, but personally I prefer only text for tooltips. I do like the idea of highlighting insufficient resources - that's buried in the suggestions here.

- Skirmish option to set population limit.

- Skirmish to set starting resources.

- Skirmish option to set the starting tech.

All planned :) (see here)

I wouldn't mind this being more easily configurable, either as part of the player's game "profile" or being selectable before matches. Currently we store the color in the scenario data itself or else use hardcoded defaults (player_defaults.json).

Scenarios should probably use whatever player color the designer assigns, while random maps (and the 'skirmish maps' we'd like to have) should allow players to choose their colors.
  • Like 1

Scenarios should probably use whatever player color the designer assigns, while random maps (and the 'skirmish maps' we'd like to have) should allow players to choose their colors.

I agree. But perhaps in some cases it might be a good idea to only choose from some colors that are well distinguishable from one another. If something like a league is planned this would be good. In general I like the idea of freely configurable player colors though.

Instead of restricting player colors like that, why not give an option to the scenario designer so that he can restrict the players from changing colors, but if he doesnt mind, the players are free to change their colors?

Edited by Potter