My Introduction (David)

Hi everyone!

My name is David, and I play RTS, RPG, Puzzle, Adventure, and Classic games (Atari, Nintendo, etc.). I play on AoE Online, and I'm looking forward to the finished product of this game.I majored in Ancient Near Eastern Studies and know several languages (Hebrew is my best, Arabic and Aramaic aren't bad, and some Greek, French, and Spanish). I love Ancient history, especially this time period (I TAed the class on the Hellenization of the Near East in college).

My hobbies besides gaming, history, and language are writing, editing, and computer repair.

I look forward to interacting with all of you.

Edited by daudbinbutrus

Good question! I still need to try out Alpha 10 to find out what my current one is (I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of the new Greek factions since I mostly tried out Hellenic).

I'm pretty sure when the Mauryan faction is made available it will be that one and stay that one. I love war elephants (not just from Age of Empires Online, but the first Age of Empires and from historical accounts). I hope that unit will be implemented.

Good question! I still need to try out Alpha 10 to find out what my current one is (I wouldn't be surprised if it is one of the new Greek factions since I mostly tried out Hellenic).

I'm pretty sure when the Mauryan faction is made available it will be that one and stay that one. I love war elephants (not just from Age of Empires Online, but the first Age of Empires and from historical accounts). I hope that unit will be implemented.

Mauryans will definitely have elephants. I'm thinking probably 2 different elephant units (an "elephant archer" as their "cavalry archer" class unit, and an "Armored War Elephant" for one of their Champion units), and then probably at least 2 heroes sitting on elephants.

Hello David, welcome to the forums! :)

Your war elephants are powerful David, but they will be no match for my Hastati with maniple formation. :sword_rune:

Nice :D Sadly, very true. You have to be smart about how you use them. Just like you don't use war elephants to charge the front of a bunch of sarissa wielders!