Crowd-sourced Civ: Mauryan Indians

Mythos_Ruler

I think he is looking for color patterns as well ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)

You can only find existing colored patterns from Ajanta Caves.

dance4.jpg

bjtk079b.jpg

bjtk079c.jpg

Ajanta-mural_001.jpg

ajantacave1layersmerged.jpg

4767620-Ceiling_decorations_of_Cave_17_Ajanta.jpg

4767621-Interior_of_Cave_17_Ajanta.jpg

bsl48688.jpg

bsl48689.jpg

bsl48690.jpg

bsl48691.jpg

bsl48693.jpg

bsl48694.jpg

bsl48712.jpg

bsl48725.jpg

bsl48726.jpg

bsl48730.jpg

bsl48731.jpg

bsl48733.jpg

bsl48687.jpg

some examples

However, these aren't from the Mauryan times.

Look more for Ajanta Cave murals if you find them interesting.

Edited by lilstewie

Hi everybody,

Unless it has already been shown in this thread, or unless it is not considered a good source of inspiration, I post here a selection of screencaps from the India scenes in the movie "Alexander".

As you may all know here, it depicts India just before the Mauryan Empire. So though it's not exactly Maurya, it should be rather close to what is being designed for 0AD now. Unfortunately, almost no architecture featured here, but some interesting details in the soldiers, bowmen and elephants. I made 4 groups of caps :

-palace

-foot soldiers

-elephant soldiers

-elephants

Here below are small versions, but by clicking in the links above you'll access the original versions (1500px large).

I hope it helps ! :)

UwbXGl.jpgEeVXLl.jpgR4hNTl.jpgdVYthl.jpg

• Like 1

@Mythos_Ruler : Very good work on the female warriors ! I would just have the shoulders looking less skinny.

A question about the flora on this picture : is it all grass and plants that are already included in the game ?.. I feel I haven't yet seen all this flora. Looks great!

that grass is an experimental effect that Myconid did

Cool. Another cool stuff from Myconid then. I guess it's not yet implemented in the game but soon will, right? The other plants in the picture look great too. darn, this game is awesome...

The elephant texture is impressive too. I'm beginner in 3D language. What do you call "spec" ? Is it a way to give "relief" to a texture ?..

Cool. Another cool stuff from Myconid then. I guess it's not yet implemented in the game but soon will, right? The other plants in the picture look great too. darn, this game is awesome...

The elephant texture is impressive too. I'm beginner in 3D language. What do you call "spec" ? Is it a way to give "relief" to a texture ?..

Specularity is shiny highlights due to the light source reflection. (those are my words, not official xD)

You can have black and white colors texture that determines which parts of the object should have those highlights with white and which parts shouldn't with black.

The reliefs you are referring are made with normal maps which is a method to fake reliefs without actual gemetry (I think it was used in doom 3 for the first time IIRC)

This normal mapping effect can be enhaced with parallax mapping. Which makes the relief effect to "pop" out even more and self-shadowing (depending on the parallax method)

This parallax mapping in 0AD uses a black and white image on the alpha layer of the normal map texture where black is an "inset" and white "pops" out.

All this effects are already implemented in 0 A.D. thanks to Myconid :)