Crowd-sourced Civ: Mauryan Indians

Mythos_Ruler

I'm not sure if the support elephant should be exclusively trainable in the elephant stables. The elephant stables will need to be build by all Mauryan players anyway because elephants are the only siege units, so having support elephants in the Civ Centre for use early game may be possible.

Amish have you progressed any further with your concept drawings for the buildings?

Great job with the stable. For a side note about the elephants as a drop site, they should have a limited resource capacity. Afterwards, they would shuttle it to a fixed one. The advantage could be in the fact that they are faster than the average citizen soldier when they shuttle. Once they drop it off, they would return to the position for a drop site.

Great job with the stable. For a side note about the elephants as a drop site, they should have a limited resource capacity. Afterwards, they would shuttle it to a fixed one. The advantage could be in the fact that they are faster than the average citizen soldier when they shuttle. Once they drop it off, they would return to the position for a drop site.

Sorry, this just isn't going to work well. What happens if the elephant is a away and a villager is done gathering and needs to drop off the goods? Should he wait for the elephant to return? In no time, you would have heaps of villagers standing around waiting, thus actually reducing their output, instead of increasing it.

Edited by zoot

For a side note about the elephants as a drop site, they should have a limited resource capacity. Afterwards, they would shuttle it to a fixed one. The advantage could be in the fact that they are faster than the average citizen soldier when they shuttle. Once they drop it off, they would return to the position for a drop site.

As zoot says, this is a step too far and adds unnecessary complexity.

Econ ele should probably be trained from both the Civ Centre and wherever all the other elephants will be trained.

I totally agree ;)

Yeah, that's the most logical way. Perhaps the elephant stable could have technologies to improve the gathering rate of workers (simulating better trained elephants or something).

It'd be neat for the indians not to have dropsites if they have a mobile dropsite already, methinks.

Nope, I'm just upkeeping the civ profile, civ json, and keeping everything neat and tidy.

What about this?

On a side note, the Spartan Battering Ram is missing its specific name from the Spartan civ page, and I am not sure why there needs to be two civ pages for the Roman Republic on Wiki/Trac.

• 2 weeks later...

To simplify could we put what models people have finished or are working on on the first post? Something like this:

.......Structures. Needs lots of architectural references. Colors. Patterns. I'll cast a wide net and say the references can be from 500BC to AD100. Also Hindu or Sanskrit names for each of the standard structures (Civ Centre, House, Corral, Stone Wall, etc.).

• Civilization Centre - Pureon
  • House - Pureon
  • Corral/Animal Pen - Josh(WIP)
  • Mill (wood and mineral dropsite) - (open)
  • Farmstead (food dropsite) - (open)
  • Farm Field - (open)
  • Palisade (wooden wall) - (open)
  • Outpost (wooden tower) - (open)
  • Barracks - (open)
  • Dock - (open)
  • Market - (open)
  • Temple - (open)

Also, off topic a bit, but do people usually create the texture first then map it, or the other way around?

Edited by Josh

Actually, Eggbird is working on the Civic Centre and it's looking awesome (he prefers to work in relative anonymity). Someone will probably post a work-in-progress screenshot soon.

Ok, is development of the Mauryan civ also going on in the staff forums?

And my previous suggestion was just so I can know what is not yet being worked on, so I can work on it. :) My corral is about 75% done.

Edited by Josh

Ok, is development of the Mauryan civ also going on in the staff forums?

And my previous suggestion was just so I can know what is not yet being worked on, so I can work on it. :) My corral is about 75% done.

Just Eggbird's contributions. He just likes to make sure his stuff looks good before debut. :) Everyone else can post here as they wish, or even make their own threads in this forum if they wish too.
  • Like 1

Well here is where I am with the corral:

(sorry for missing ground and low res pictures, the game was acting up on my ancient notebook)

post-14700-0-69516000-1342302864_thumb.p

post-14700-0-45419400-1342302870_thumb.p

I might work on the fence texture some more and add another prop or two, but otherwise I think it's generally done.

If you have any comments or objections feel free to voice them. :)

--EDIT--

WOW that civ center looks amazing! Is it period though? I though most of our research found that the buildings were made of wood, which is why very few survive.

My corral now looks pitiful now :down: , I based it off Pureon's buildings a few pages back. I still want recommendations, even if it requires scraping the whole model.

Edited by Josh

Based on this site, http://spokensanskrit.de/, which was has been mentioned before in this thread, the best translation I can find, transliteration in parenthesis, for Worker Elephant is Karmakara Gaja (karmakara gaja) and for Elephant Stable is Varanazala (vAraNazAlA) (I am not sure if the next to last character is an capital i or a lowercase l). Someone else should be able to come up with a better translation with these as a starting point.

Edited by Zeta1127