Crowd-sourced Civ: Mauryan Indians

Mythos_Ruler

Yes Chakraview was used till late in the medieval part, and was a common formation, unique for the others. Chakravhiew and its derivatives were adopted by the subcontinental faction also including the chinese.

Porus also tried a chakravhiew but failed due to muddy terain, and the large time needed for formation.

Actually mahabharatha was a blueprint of fighting styles meant to be adopted later.

Edited by sankrant.chaubey

@Shield Bearer The ancient medical text of ayurveda - chakra samhita(search wikipedia) was writern in mauryan period. It highlighted the medical properties of tulsi plant and how it was used....

I dont exactly know when the practice of planting it in the courtyard started, but I do know that it was being used in high quntities during the maurya period.

Maybe, for the sake of conveniance, people started planting it in their homes, and therefore worshipped it because of its medical qualities...

PS: shield bearer, I will take that as a complement, thouh I would be writing about me soon, I would like to tell that I am High School boy, and aim to become a game programmer... Will start to contribute to 0AD source code in future...

Edited by sankrant.chaubey

It indeed was a compliment ;) Great ambitions, I hope you succeed (y)

@Shield Bearer The ancient medical text of ayurveda - chakra samhita(search wikipedia) was writern in mauryan period. It highlighted the medical properties of tulsi plant and how it was used....

I dont exactly know when the practice of planting it in the courtyard started, but I do know that it was being used in high quntities during the maurya period.

Maybe, for the sake of conveniance, people started planting it in their homes, and therefore worshipped it because of its medical qualities...

Ah, that is quite interesting. So I guess it wouldn't hurt to have the courtyards of our houses adorned with them, will it? With a nice looking shrine too :)

What happened to Elephant Stables as a special structure? Considering the elephant's power and flagship status, I think it's appropriate that they get their own building to train from, like most of the other civ special units (Spartan Gym, Persian Stables, etc.) We would then have a building for the elephant specific techs.

It would also be @#$%in if we could get a third, economic elephant unit. I honestly have no idea how it would work in this game though.

That would be pretty cool. I was thinking like, a mobile drop-site type unit. Gatherers in the field would load collected resources onto the elephant which would then take them to a dropsite. Some other way to show them as the biggest and bestest beasts of burden. But that sounds like quite a bit of extra coding. Perhaps just an elephant merchant like you suggested.

yeah elephants were at earliest used as heavy duty trucks, and cranes.... Lifting heavy masses, and in the end, boosted a level of peoductivity....

Is it feasable to have tech/feature like that in 0ad?

It may be possible to make the Econ Elephant a dropsite and a builder. Someone will have to play with it and see what's possible.

That would be pretty cool. I was thinking like, a mobile drop-site type unit. Gatherers in the field would load collected resources onto the elephant which would then take them to a dropsite. Some other way to show them as the biggest and bestest beasts of burden. But that sounds like quite a bit of extra coding. Perhaps just an elephant merchant like you suggested.

Can we make an elephant dropsite that is mobile but does not shuttle back to a 'real' dropsite? That would simplify things quite a bit, I think.

It may be possible to make the Econ Elephant a dropsite and a builder. Someone will have to play with it and see what's possible.

Maybe instead of being a builder, it could have an inspiration aura similar to what female citizens has, only stronger?

Can we make an elephant dropsite that is mobile but does not shuttle back to a 'real' dropsite? That would simplify things quite a bit, I think.

I must say, as a player, I like that. It's a really different and civ-specific gameplay element (which perhaps the game kind of lacks right now, compared to some), and it would allow to balance on other things if needed. It's not really an "impossible" to imagine abstraction, plenty of games did it (I'm thinking AOM with the Atlanteans for example).

Edited by wraitii