Forum Upgrade Complete

bstempi

We've completed another forum upgrade, and we hope you like it! This release didn't come without issues. There are two known issues at this time:

1. The Pledgie and Paypal badges are missing. They will be added back in soon.
  2. Avatar images may have been changed. If your avatar's been modified, feel free to change it back by going into your profile settings.

If you have any issues or feedback, drop by our upgrade feedback thread.

The new forum looks great! But please, if you can, find a way to add "unread posts" link, this is different from "new content". Oh sorry, I just seen the new content screen, its good! And where is "mark forums as read"?

Edited by iap
  • Like 1

很好,很希望你们能够将这个史诗气氛浓厚的游戏带到中国这片广大的市场里,希望能更多的支持中文。 :yes3:

Edit - k776: Translation:

Very good, very much hope that you will be able to bring this epic atmospheregame in this vast market, and hope more support Chinese.

OK, I know I haven't been around in a while, but I had no idea this was happening until afterwards -- there was no warning about a plan to delete all avatars. Now my avatar is gone, and I didn't even have a profile picture. I was using an avatar which had been part of the standard forum set of avatars, except now I can't access any of those. Were they all deleted? Is it impossible to get my avatar back? :(

Also, why am I a Community Drunk? Is that a standard thing related to post count?

Edited by Aldandil

How do I access the original forum avatar gallery? Please tell me you guys didn't just delete it!

I can't imagine why anyone would delete it... :(

It had avatars representing every faction planned for 0 A.D. and The Last Alliance, and some other images. It was very nice.

Edited by Aldandil

Could we come up with better names? The current ones are pretty awful. I mean who wants to be labeled "drunk" or "addict" :P

Sure, they might even be the default ones from IPB from years ago =) Maybe we should open up a new thread and ask for suggestions? Would be nice to have some more history-related ones :)

• Like 1

Since nobody seems to know anything about the avatar gallery, <...>

bstempi looks like most relevant person to ask, but in his profile stated that he did not visited forum since May 17; I sent him PM.

<...> are the urls for topics and posts the same as before the change? Will I be able to put a forum url into the Wayback Machine and get pre-changeover archives?

I'm not sure whether urls was changed, but you can try. I managed to find only few random forum pages on http://archive.org . What are you hope to find there? All those old avatars or just your one?

Edit: IIRC you had have some yellow diamond-shaped TLA-related avatar, maybe this one?

finarfin.jpg

fcxSanya, that is my avatar! Thank you very much. :woot:

It appears that the Internet Archive doesn't save images, so I don't think that'll help in recovering the rest of the gallery. But thank you for that image... looks like typing other names into that url recovers at least 3 of the TLA images. Some that may have been in the gallery are at http://wildfiregames...lizations.html. I'm not finding the 0AD avatars... I think there were shields, such as the Spartan lambda shield.

Edited by Aldandil

Hey there!

Sorry for the slow response, I'm currently on vacation. Nothing should have been deleted. It's possible that it was overwritten or that I've misconfigured a URL somewhere. Either way, we made backups before doing our upgrade, so rest assured that nothing was lost. I'll hop on it next week when I get back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found two problems. I can't sign out. It goes to an error page. Also in the main forum page there is a "Moderator CP" that is fully accessible!

For you yeah ;) I.e. it should most definitely not be available for non-team members. All in-team user groups should have some moderator privileges as we've added that for the task/user forums (i.e. all programmers have moderator permissions in all programmer user forums, might not be 100% accurate as we might have forgotten to add them, but since we're moving more and more away from using the forums to track tasks that isn't really needed anymore anyway), there might be some settings that makes all moderators global moderators - or one of us might have enabled that at one point for all I know, I don't remember. In either case I don't think it's an issue if someone who's on the team has mod privileges, if we allow people commit access to the SVN we sure should be able to trust them with mod privileges in the forums ;) (Admin privileges is another thing though ;) )