Recent forum upgrade

bstempi

A minor thing, there no longer seems to be a way to return directly to the 0 A.D. home page.

Maybe we should change the "Wildfire Games" image to link to Wildfire Games home page and rename "Wildfire Games Home" to "0 A.D. Homepage" and link it back to the game home page?

Maybe we should change the "Wildfire Games" image to link to Wildfire Games home page and rename "Wildfire Games Home" to "0 A.D. Homepage" and link it back to the game home page?

Sounds like a plan, since the old way of having both the Wildfire Games logo and tab link to the "Wildfire Game Home" was rather redundant.

- In the old HP there where 2 different newlines: 1.) "Normal" newline entered with strg+enter 2.) 1 1/2 newlines entered with enter They seam to mess up things quite often (an added newline added space before the paragraph it was entered after or after submitting additional newlines where added strangely). This issue seams to be no more, great job :notworthy:

- When trying to edit a long post you could not reach the end of the post with the cursor. This issue seams to be fixed as well :thumbup:

- Before and after smilies spaces are added automatically. This issue is still there. In addition a smiley is wrapped ti a newline if it is entered directly behind it.

- If the right (next) button of the smiley-bar is presses too often no smilies are in any more (instead of starting with the 1st smilies again). If you then press the smiley button again the bar is hidden, presses again the bar shows up again but still no smilies in. The "show all" button of the smiley-bar opens a new page with the smilies in which seams bad for me because with many topics opened you don't know to which topic the smiley-tab (or windows) belongs to.

- I don't seam to be able to change my avatar. "Change" appears at mouse-over the avatar in my profile but clicking does not do anything. Animated gifs does not seam to work any longer (but I can't tell for sure since I can't change my avatar and you said there where an issue with that and they might have to be changed). Plz help me with this one.

In general: Good job :thumbsup:

Edited by FeXoR

Sorry for the double post but:

I can reach the end of the post with the cursor when editing a post now but entering a newline there enters it somewhere totally different (somewhere at the beginning) :shocking:

Edited by FeXoR

I can reach the end of the post with the cursor when editing a post now but entering a newline there enters it somewhere totally different (somewhere at the beginning) :shocking:

- Copy and paste seams to somehow ignore spaces (or sometimes add some)...

What browser are you using? I can't replicate either of these.

I don't like the default font size for posts (testing on both Opera and Firefox, and Linux and Windows) - it's now 14px, which seems annoyingly large when trying to read or write any non-trivial-length posts, and it looks inconsistent with the rest of the text in the UI. I think 13px looks much better.

The font in the non-WYSIWYG post editor (Courier New, small) is almost unreadable for me on Linux (it's alright on Windows). "font-family: monospace; font-size: medium" would work better.

There used to be an "advanced search" link for the forums, but now once you enter some text in the search box it seems you can't do an advanced search (only if the text box is empty - which is not all that clear IMO).

Looks like clicking on the magnifying glass takes you through to the advanced search options

Looks like clicking on the magnifying glass takes you through to the advanced search options

Ah, but not after you type text in the search box. It seems to me there is no way to get back to an advanced search other than starting over or clearing out the text, there really should be a direct shortcut to that :)

I've fixed the search issue. There was a cog but it wasn't visible because it blended in with the gray background. So I've added a darker background behind just that cog. You might need to hard refresh your cache a few times (Ctrl+Alt+R)

• Like 1