Post-processing effects test (SSAO/HDR/Bloom)

What if you replace this

specular.rgb = sunColor * specCol * pow(max(0.0, dot(normalize(normal), v_half)), specPow);

with this

specular.rgb = sunColor * specCol * pow(max(0.0, dot(normalize(normal), normalize(v_half))), specPow);

in model_common.fs

Nope, still there.

ERROR: Failed to compile shader 'shaders/glsl/model_waterfall.fs': 0(66) : error C7532: global function textureGrad requires "#version 130" or later 0(66) : error C7011: implicit cast from "vec3" to "vec2"
ERROR: Failed to compile shader 'shaders/glsl/model_waterfall.fs': 0(66) : error C7532: global function textureGrad requires "#version 130" or later 0(66) : error C7011: implicit cast from "vec3" to "vec2"
ERROR: Failed to compile shader 'shaders/glsl/model_water.fs': 0(94) : error C7532: global function textureGrad requires "#version 130" or later 0(94) : error C7011: implicit cast from "vec3" to "vec2"
ERROR: Failed to compile shader 'shaders/glsl/model_water.fs': 0(94) : error C7532: global function textureGrad requires "#version 130" or later 0(94) : error C7011: implicit cast from "vec3" to "vec2"

Got those when trying to place the new water related objects (/temp/waterfall etc) in Atlas. Using rev 12654, custom compiled on Windows 7.

Yup (y) Works great! Really nice to see how such a relatively basic concept works so well :) Is the waterplane object meant for a specific object/building? Just asking since the shape seems a bit random =)

Abstract programmer art - as if normal programmer art wasn't bad enough! ;)

(Just meant to be an example that shows the plane can be any shape.)

Btw, Enrique wants to try these effects on his new hanging gardens building. I look forward to the awesomeness!

@myconid You checked in a binaries/data/mods/public/maps/scenarios/reservoir.xml file, but not the actual map cause when I load it says no terrain file? I'm eager to try it out but I don't have Atlas on my Mac, so a working map I can load and test would be awesome.

I do notice a water glitch on my system:

Thanks, I'll look into it.

@myconid You checked in a binaries/data/mods/public/maps/scenarios/reservoir.xml file, but not the actual map cause when I load it says no terrain file? I'm eager to try it out but I don't have Atlas on my Mac, so a working map I can load and test would be awesome.

Whoops, committed.

There seems to be an odd seam on it (it's visible in historicbruno's screenshot, too).

1OXox.jpg

Edit: Heh, I just realized what the seam must be... It's because the texture is repeating, right?

Also, are you planning to make the textures animated instead of them sliding across the faces? (if so, how's that coming along?) And how bad would the performance be if it had some depth testing to find out what the water's transparency should be?

Edit: Heh, I just realized what the seam must be... It's because the texture is repeating, right?

Probably. It's easily fixable if it is, so don't worry too much about it.

Also, are you planning to make the textures animated instead of them sliding across the faces? (if so, how's that coming along?) And how bad would the performance be if it had some depth testing to find out what the water's transparency should be?

They are animated in-game, but not in Atlas (as with the regular water).

As for taking depth into account, something like that will be really fast to do once the postproc manager is done (almost there). It'll require rendering of the water planes twice, but that won't have any impact on performance, I think.

0 A.D. crashes whenever I load the reservoir scenario or place the reservoir actor onto a map - is this because it needs a autobuild? It's not recording anything in the logs before crashing, so not sure what's causing it.

Yes, it does need a rebuild. (I changed the code a little to make it more "simplewater"-friendly...)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my attempt at using the effects without over saturate the image with them. No DOF, it looks too strong from low angles.

Could you please post a screenshot without the effects? (I.e. do two shots from the same camera angle etc just one with and one without the effects.) That would make it easier to see the effects :)

3rd one you can see how DOF looks with low angles in large maps with many trees ^^

You can modify shaders/effects/model_transparent.xml. Three of the entries have "ALPHABLEND_PASS_OPAQUE" in them. In those entries change the value "0.6375" to something lower until the trees look good.