What are all the different teams of Wildfire Games?

fireprog

I don't see all the different teams and their members listed in a centralised place on Wildfire Games forums, so I was wondering what all the different teams are.

By looking at various topics I've found that there are teams like: Management Team, Development Team and History Team, but could you provide us with a list of all the different teams of Wildfire Games?

On a side note: Maybe it would be a good idea to make such a centralised page with all the teams, their members and a description listed? Though that would be something for the new website I guess..

Hi fireprog,

You are right, we should make these things more transparent, but with people occasionally joining and leaving (sometimes with no advance notice) we have trouble keeping tabs on this.

In general:

• Management: This is Erik who coordinates everyone's efforts.
  • Art: Michael (Mythos_Ruler) and artists.
  • Programming: Jan (janwas) is department head and has contributed more in the past, Philip contributes heavily nowadays as lead programmer, along with contributing programmers in various areas, from AI to building 0 A.D. to run on different platforms.
  • Music: One contributor, Omri (OmriLahav).
  • Web Development: Two contributors and me (theoretically) overseeing them
  • PR: Several contributors handle this, mostly Erik, Michael and me.

Hope this helps!

As Aviv hinted at, the main reason we don't publicize this more is because it's not as well defined as one could wish (especially with people leaving/joining =) ).

Management: This is Erik who coordinates everyone's efforts.

Art: Michael (Mythos_Ruler) and artists.

Programming: Jan (janwas) is department head and has contributed more in the past, Philip contributes heavily nowadays as lead programmer, along with contributing programmers in various areas, from AI to building 0 A.D. to run on different platforms.

Music: One contributor, Omri (OmriLahav).

Web Development: Two contributors and me (theoretically) overseeing them

PR: Several contributors handle this, mostly Erik, Michael and me.

I'd rather see it as this:

• Management: Me (Erik), Michael (aka Mythos_Ruler, for the artists), Aviv (aka Jeru, for PR in general), Kieran (aka k766, overseeing programming contributions, both in-team and from other contributors), Brian (aka bstempi, web dev lead)
  • Art: Several official contributors and a few who contribute every now and then, but who don't want to join the team
  • Programming: In theory Jan is dept head yeah, but due to having very little free time (and having moved to Singapore) he's more of an advisor at this point. Philip is definitely the lead programmer though. Apart from them there are a couple of official programmers and several who contribute in various ways as Aviv said.
  • Music: See Aviv's post
  • Web: Actually three :) Brian, Geek377, and gerbilOFdoom. Brian is the web dev lead, but Aviv oversees it as it's part of PR.
  • PR: See Aviv's post (though he missed to mention that he's in charge, at least formally, with real life sometimes getting in the way it's not always feasible in practice :)

+ The History guys, though they're not as active anymore as they're not needed as much anymore.

Another thing that makes it harder to keep a too strict hierarchy is that after a while the lines start to blur a bit :) Someone might have joined for one thing, but end up doing a bit of this and that in addition to the main task :)

On a side note: Maybe it would be a good idea to make such a centralised page with all the teams, their members and a description listed? Though that would be something for the new website I guess..

As hinted by the other replies: It might be a good idea, but due to people leaving/joining/becoming busy for long time/etc it's too much work to keep such a list up to date.

I can see forum groups and their members in the Members section: there is the 'Use advanced filters' button, which displays the corresponding area, which has a combobox for groups with 'Show All' default value:

post-9635-0-83447100-1335897585_thumb.pn

(I'm not sure that it is available to everyone though, since I tried to view it as not-logged-in user and got:

[#10221] You do not have permission to view the member listing.
You are not signed in
Click here to log in.

)