Back again, wanted to say hi once more :)

Kyriakos

Btw i am very excited today cause a short story of mine will be published in a newspaper of London (one of the diasporic ones). It is my fourth ever published story in a periodical/paper (i write psychological fiction)... I am still anxious about it...

So did it get published in the end? Hope you got yourself a copy if it did :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

0havI.png

darn, that's awesome ! Great work Kyriakos and thanks for sharing. Ca you offer us a closer look ? I'd love to see the same picture but 3 times bigger if you're ok.

On the previous page I also saw a very interesting precolombian set that seems to have very rich details.

Keep the good work. And it's good to know you're learning Blender fast. I'm learning it too, but slower I think.. :P

By now i have become reasonably familiarised with Blender. I can export collada files, and recall that you once wanted some strategic map city models (campaign map).

Welcome back buddy :)

I created this very simple tutorial that explains how to get a 3D collada model into 0 A.D. - please try it and show us the results ;)

Hi Pureon :)

I will have a look, although my work uses blender internal textures (easier for me to manipulate) and although by now i can uv-map, it is tedious and not really needed for most of my work. Which is why i mentioned the strategic map.

Also you already have some great modellers around anyway ;)

The finished Greek and Mauryan sets:

civ2.png

Edited by Kyriakos

I will have a look, although my work uses blender internal textures (easier for me to manipulate) and although by now i can uv-map, it is tedious and not really needed for most of my work. Which is why i mentioned the strategic map.

If you are interested, there's a quick way even if you use procedural textures. The process is very simple:

-Join all meshes into one object.

-Unwrap it with "U"->"Smart UV Project"

-Create a new image.

-Bake the textures into the image.

Voilá, you have it UV unwrapped, and an image texture instead of procedural with 4 steps.

Interesting. How do i "bake" the textures all in one image? Never done that before.

I'm guessing you are using a pre- 2.5 version of blender? (I remember that blue background as the world default)

If that's the case I have to search how it's done. It's been a long time since I used the old interface versions.

EDIT: here's how to bake in old blender versions: http://wiki.blender....ual/Render/Bake

EDIT 2: You can find the bake button on the render panel, there you can select full render (with lights and shadows), textures only (what I was suggesting), normals and AO.

Seems simple, i will get around to texturing in this way one of the models and then upload it here.

Currently i am working on my Byzantine set, i saw some thread about the Empire, not sure if that project is still active though :)

OyRLt.png

Edited by Kyriakos